3800 Yep... its's another fuckin' buick

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Regal.... soon with a turbo :wavey:

DD's project...engine's almost done with final machining/oiling mods.. soon it'll be ready for hot tanking, some thourough scrubdowns and cam bearings before it all goes together...

dennis has an unhealthy infatuation with GN's and in particular the GNX...
...so he's making his dream come true (sorta lol)

i'll be helping him with heavily reworking certain turbo headers for a long primary tube single turbo setup with a GT5533 (jk :rofl: )
here they are on our engine/80e to check for fitment (yes we flipped the rear header) not seen is the F body L/UIM's d doesnt even want to use the 65... so he's dead set on the 80e good news is that a 4" DP could fit but a 3.5" DP deffinatly will heheh
DDsNewturbotubes3.jpg

DDsNewturbotubes2.jpg

DDsNewturbotubes1.jpg

should be fun :bigthumb:

here he is hard at work breathing caustic fumes cleaning his heads
DDatworkgivingheadlove.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I need to see this :)
http://www.thechicagogarage.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6903

Steel James?

Sounds heavy...

bout as heavy as two G3 M90's, Tb's, and the single belt drive idlers.
hell the engine its going on has alot more iron in it than the SII...i think i'm screwed anyways lol besides it's easy to replicate a debugged stell setup with aluminum ;)

since it'd be going into the toyota wagon it'd be the crank, wp, alternator and blowers...gonna bring a whole new meaning to the term "serpentine belt" :bigthumb:

i figure to load two blocks into the back fer balast and yank the front tires :bowrofl:

Last edited:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
The first ever Toyota wheelie machine :squint:

Are you really 3.8 swaping the toyota?

yup, the toyota engine is crap, bolted in front of a 4l60e, though if i make an adaptor i can use the sbc pattern 700r4 built tranny i have...maybe down the road throw a clutch pedal in it and use the Fbody 5 speed lol
the wagon has a live axle 4 link rear suspension...with a watts link for locating it...it dont get much better than that (well if i make the jeep narrowtrack dana 44 fit) i can get some gears and meats heheh

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info