LQ4 MAF

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Quick question. On mt North* TB, I have 2 sensors, I think one is the IAC, and dont know what the other is. I know one of them Ron got from a junk yard. Do you think that could be why my car ( cams ) randomly? I know the MAF I have is new and only has 1,960 miles on it. I had 2 VAC leaks so you guys werer right on that. Fixed them, but still randomly cams, but nowhere as bad as it did. I think one of those 2 plugs could be bad.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Quick question. On mt North* TB, I have 2 sensors, I think one is the IAC, and dont know what the other is. I know one of them Ron got from a junk yard. Do you think that could be why my car ( cams ) randomly? I know the MAF I have is new and only has 1,960 miles on it. I had 2 VAC leaks so you guys werer right on that. Fixed them, but still randomly cams, but nowhere as bad as it did. I think one of those 2 plugs could be bad.

So why do you want to replace the MAF now? I am not a mechanic, don't ask me for help because I can only give you suggestions. I suggest you take the car somewhere, since it sounds like you have no idea and you have been fighting this for a while.

Myprixxx

Jan 18, 2012
I would guess a rough Idle? Are the tables adjusted for the lq4? I think the other sensor you are talking about is the TPS, and I would think either of these sensors messing up could cause the bad Idle? Any service engine Lights? Did it run fine before this, and was this the only thing Changed?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
the other one is prolly the tps sensor, take it someware and have them run a diagnositc test with a scaner to find out what sensor is bad, napa by my house will do it for free[/QUOTE

So if I were to try to change the 2 sensors, anyone know I tell advanced as for a year make and model so they can find the right plugs

I did a random search for a 04 devil and came up with the two parts. I might just change the tps and see what happens. Kj I don't think its the maf because it only has not even 2 thousand miles on it. But who knows. I got a letter from the state saying I have 60 days to comply with getting emissions done or I lose my plates.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
NO SIR, mine lopes so low all my lights dim and it sounds like it will die.Then it recovers by shooting the rpms to 700.

Pandai unplugged it. It ran bad. Also before I did that I let it run for 20 mins. I finally got a light. The code was new. I don't think I got it before. It was 0140. Something about a insufficient act. You know what that means.

140 HO2S insufficient activity Sensor 2. Would this be my back 02 since its bank 2? It should be tuned out??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info