Stock sized tires rubbing on lowered car?

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Ever since I put my snow tires on back in October (had a flat on the 18s) I've been getting some rubbing. It only seems to happen when I go full lock, and sounds like they are rubbing on the inner fender liner. This never happened on the 18s, but they are not the correct +2 size. I believe they are 225/45, so they are a little shorter than stock. Car is running on koni and SSC springs.

Is this normal, or do I have another issue?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The inner liners are cheap, they're probably either half way falling off or just fucked up in general. I wouldn't worry about it :dunno: One of mine didn't even have them, and the other rubbed on the pass. side. Not a fuck was given.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
most of the time i find its not the wheel well liner, its usually the lower belt/splash shields in front of the wheels, if they arent tucked on top of the subframe rails they sit about 1-2inches closer to the tire

My GTP was doing this EXACT same thing on stock size tires and rims. I fixed it with a set of those aftermarket push pin things, that sort of looked like the stock ones. I got them at Auto Zone, took about 3 minutes per tire to correct once the tire was off. Once this was corrected I was running 245's on the front and never had a rub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info