Some dick ripped off my gas cap

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I go to get gas tonight and some dick must have stolen my gas cap. Anyway, I need a new one. Id like to replace it with the one that still is held on with the plastic wire. Ive tried searching but I all i get is aftermarket/mixed crap. No auto stores are open now so I can't call em.

Pretty much I found this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDELCO-GT283-Fuel-Tank-Cap-/200670569467?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGrand+Prix&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb8e5e3fb

This apparently fits it, but im worried about that little groove that the end of the plastic wire sits in. Anyone been through this before want to enlighten me on which one to purchase? I have a 2001 Grand Prix.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
If you go to an auto parts store, they wont have in with the strap part. You'll have to buy one from GM.

I actually checked. I have one with the strap. I bought another one because I was getting a tighten gas cap message. Not sure if it woukd be different, but If its the same cap as an 06 impala I have one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info