219GTP Knock Monster

ProjectGTP

Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Ok I'm posting for 219 GTP. We just got the car back from SDD/Rob. I'm sure everyone knows the deal with that. Here's what's going on. We got the car together, it has a ported gen 3 on a 3.4 pulley, s1x, slp headers. We took it for a test drive and under just half throttle it gets almost 10 degrees of knock. Rob says it is a fuel issue. We tested the fuel pump voltage and it was at 12.6 while idling. So I did the resistor bypass mod thing with the relay and its at 13.1 now. We just took it for another text drive and the same results happen. 02 readings are around 850+ at wot. Also the cars starts showing kr when the torque converter is in full lock up at half throttle. Anything else to measure? He has a aeroforce for scanning.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
is knock spiking immediately or gradually building? you sure something isnt rubbing or causing vibration? could be false knock. just a thought.

whats the injector duty cycle look like? i only ask because its being mentioned it could be fuel related.

ProjectGTP

Addict
Jan 24, 2011
The last time the motor blew up it was doing the same thing. It's running the same way. The cat gradually increases I'm knock up to about 9.8. I'm guessing its still Ron vogels tune on the car. I'm not sure if we can check the injector duty cycle on an aeroforce. Also it has 42.5 injectors so they can't be maxed out. I'm going to put a fuel pressure gauge on it to see what its at under throttle. And also check around the knock sensors.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Test fuel pressure first

Is it a L26 build or L67 build?

My car when it was non intercooled, L26, 3.3 pulley, XP cam, headers, ect would see up 8 degrees of KR around half throttle as if I would pass someone. If I would roll into the gas as if I am launching the car from a dig it would be fine. It was just an awkward high load lower rpm making the KR. An intercooler fixed that issue.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
sounds like the pump is fine.

Just my experience is that L26 do not like a lot of boost non intercooled and with the cold weather it makes the problem worse because the air is more dense. Anyways you do need to go through everything including what ever tune is on this car and make sure everything is is proper working order.

Or put a stock pulley on lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info