3800 Ron, Mat, LQ1/LS1 MAF owners.....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So far the car is running ok since the LQ1 MAF install. I used the tables ZZP has set on their site.

http://www.zzperformance.com/miscftp/ls6.csv

The PT didnt like all the numbers so it rounded up. I figure Ill have to do some fine tuning with the MAF. Im hoping to get a scan going tomorrow since Im grounded due to the little one and her fever. Along with shitty weather.

Also, there was one thing I forgot. The stock TB had the fitting on the bottom drilled and tapped for another hose. I had zero clue on what to do with this so for a temporary fix and to make sure there was not a vac leak, I plugged it into the N* VAC line which leads nowhere since the TB adapter plate isnt machined in that area. I am going to assume that is a PCV valve function?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Use the stock maf values and tune from there. It's a lot easier, it has about the same curve with a bump around 7K, and you just need to raise the values a tad. If they are using the DHP tables that were going around, you will have a lot of trouble with them.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
actually no, there is a big reason why FI Lsx guys go to speed density, there is a reason why EVO guys with big turbos go SD, there is a reason why My SRT was speed density. There is a reason why your car is slow

Doesn't work well for a DD with a changing climate. You have to re-tune it all the time. I did a SD tune to mess with it, the MAF is fine on these cars, as long as it isn't an obstruction to airflow.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Umm, yeah, I think Im gonna take Rons advice and throw the stock MAF tables back in. Im either running rich as fuck, or lean as fuck. 999 O2s and 0 KR, or 832 O2s and 5.9* of KR. Depends on when I get on it. Ill be scanning on the way to the dyno day tomorrow. Fucking weather.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
our VE tables only go up to something like 4psi too, correct?

That seems not so good for a boosted car....

MAF tuning works fine, and runs better. These things barely start when running speed density, and that's with the table tuned damn near perfect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info