ABS Delete

ProjectGTP

Addict
Jan 24, 2011
im trying to do some weight reduction and clean up my engine bay at the same time. i have a 97 gtp so it has that huge ABS unit and i want to see if theres a way to delete this.

also since my e brake cables are so rusted out that theres no way to adjust it, only one side works so its hard to do a decent burnout in the waterbox, has anyone ever done a line lock for the rear calipers? i was thinking about doing that and taking off all the e brake crap. any suggestions? thanks

Would it be possible to remove just the abs part?

No. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the ABS master cylinder has 2 ports for 2 lines running from the ABS unit and four break lines running into the ABS unit. The non-ABS master cylinder has four ports. Alowing you to run all four lines from the ABS unit now into the non-abs master cylinder.

ProjectGTP

Addict
Jan 24, 2011
No. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the ABS master cylinder has 2 ports for 2 lines running from the ABS unit and four break lines running into the ABS unit. The non-ABS master cylinder has four ports. Alowing you to run all four lines from the ABS unit now into the non-abs master cylinder.

well it looks exactly the same except it has the big ABS unit attached to the master cyl. im not sure if the ports are threaded though and i dont want to risk messing up anything by taking it apart. i will probably just wait to get one from a local junkyard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info