Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
Last week I had the same issue. James filled the system with refrigerant and the passenger side was still blowing hot air. Diagnosed it as the blend door.

Replaced it with DORMAN Part # 604106. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1302151
(it's the more expensive unit if you have the digital hvac.) The standard unit looks the same, but has an extra pin in the connector.

Instructions here:
http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/showDoc...skey=406663&from=sm&laborOpCode=&cellId=48783

should i try replacing the digi hvac first? or the 130$! blend door unit is definately it lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yer gonna have to do diagnostics.

pull the lower cladding off and pull the actuator off, re plug it back in and change temp min/max a couple times, if it dont move, unplug it, remove cover so you can see the geartrain...replug it back in and "help" spin the worm gear on the drive motor a couple times each way...change temp to other extreme and help it...once you start it spinning it'll stay spinning or slow and stop if the actuator is fucked.
you can also plug it into the other side and try to acuate it...sinc ethe other works you can be sure that channel of the HVAC HUnit is working...and if it dont move/only moves with "help" yer gonna be spending that 130$

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
also if yer really fucking cheap you can just pull the cover off and "help" it to the cold direction, reassemble, move door to cold position and bolt it on....in the winter though yer gonna have to pull it off and move the door.....

This.

Its what I did in the winter (moved to hot,) then this spring I moved it back to cold.

Unfortunately, the a/c compressor leaks, so I'm dicked for that aspect of it. Considering just ripping the whole a/c out of the car. I guess I havent died from sweating my balls off yet this summer, so I should be able to survive.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
on a side note...this is what you get when gadgets and gizmo's fail....expensive fixes or deal with it.....ive NEVER had an older vacum/cable actuator fail....couple of times ive had the vac switch fail but thats a 20$ part....most of the time someone breaks the vac line or it gets crimped :rofl:

yeah it dont have dual zone climate control....but if the pass aint happy with the temp i want it at...they can ride in the trunk

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
the rock auto prices. now i just need to know which one...

RA.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info