radio wiring problem

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I am in process of changing radios on my car and long story short a wire touched something and sparked. The radio will not turn on and I checked fuses, the ground, switched power wire, and constant power wire. I have no power on my constant power wire and I need to know what fuse that is and what else is on that circuit. The fuse labeled radio in the glove box fuse box checked out and the fuses at the under hood fuse box tested good. It is weird because everything else on the car still seems to work except the radio. I am going to do some more checking tomorrow and it all else fail I can run a new constant wire with a inline fuse and call it a day.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Seems with a little bit of research that the constant orange wire goes from fuse 29 at the under hood box to the radio, dic, and hvac controls. I am 100% sure I checked that fuse and my dic still works. I will have to take another look tomorrow.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
your checking for power and not just pulling and eyeballin fuses right?

if your wiring the radio to a pigtail that plugs intot he oem harness double check the pins and wires...we've all seen how bad a loose female can be :s00ls:

Yes I tested the fuses with a test light and I am thinking that I have a bad pin or something going on at the connector.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• smug
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list