DDr at GLD...floggin kevin's flamming junk

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
was soooo nice probably 30cars n bikes total showed up, we got over 20 runs in i believe, got a few things sorted out and found another issue....she dont like the fuel level at 3/16ths :hsughlol:

ran a best of 12.14 at 120 with a 1.99 60' 8 at 94 in the 1/8th
one of the last runs had him at 8.089 at 96.51 in the 1/8th and woulda been a 123mph pass but he saw 7* of kr and letoff from it running lean/sucking air

i only got a couple pics but i got tons of vids of hk figuring out what she could take launching/down the track.
one vid is Pbucket of his fastest run and the youtube vid is the one where he woulda ran his fastest... you can hear the surging as the pump sucked air/went lean :fu:
couple vettes about to get down with HK's slow junk in the background
IMG_0961.jpg

hk n panda n some of the heaps that ran down the track
IMG_0946.jpg

HK's new PB run...he didnt go WOT till he was in 3rd. this is mostly for DD since he cant see youtube at work :rofl:

and the problems began...you can hear the slicks spinnin in 1st and at the 1-2...and the lean surge before he lets off from the knock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jXl-8Crg48

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Well I guess james started the new thread :rofl:

Anyways, the weekend was quite the adventure for my car between friday and sunday. First pass on friday against panda, 12.4 @ 116, 2.1 60' @ 14 psi on 93, no change to the tune from before.... Maxxed the MAF starting on that run. Put the boost to 15 on the next run and I didn't even go half-track before letting off because of car leaning out and KR

The next 20 or so passes were redoing the MAF scale and figuring out how to scale the IFR tables and use TGs AFC to get my MAF signal lower... and it needed to be a significant change or else going to 18psi would result in needing another change, not sure if any other TCG members were there on friday night but a crowd witnessed a fantastic 26 second 1/4 by my turd :pat: along with a bunch of other 15+ second passes

The 20 count of passes went into sundays early runs to make sure the new tune was on with the old one that was fairly dialed in. And dialed in it was. AFR is spot on low 11s, timing still stock and boost back up to 15. Track on sunday was "street tire only" but seemed to be prepped much better than the norm for those conditions. Threw in 4 gals of 100 to mix with 4 gal of 93 already in the tank to give some headroom. Didn't do any burnouts because im a pussy :rofl:

@ 15 psi, PB

12.1 @ 120, 1.99 60', 1/8 mile was 8.0 @ 94mph....

@ 16 psi, PB

8.0 @ 97 2.1 60'

The car is being a PITA in 1st and 2nd... I'm not above 50% throttle until I get into 3rd for the most part and I'm getting KR from part throttle and trq management at the shifts... Made about 5 good clean passes at 14-15psi all runs between 12.1-12.4 @ 117+ so the car was right there each run as long as I didnt blow the launch

Think we figured out the issue of popping, as the car still did a SMALL amount of popping at the top of 3rd but a bunch (not as bad as before which was fuel related) at the 1-2 and 2-3, it pops like crazy, BUT only when the tank is below 3/8ths.. made sure the plug gap is plenty tiny

Really would like to get this car on a dyno soon, and now we know for the next track outing the tune is good, just a couple more issues to sort out. Gonna be looking for a very successful track outing in a few weeks and hoping to get my 11s and then some!

Can't wait, car pulls like there is no tomorrow!

:hk:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
run slicks, dont do a burnout.

but anyway...good to see the car finally making passes. turn the boost up tho. christ. screw this pussy footing around. so much potential just sitting there. but i digress. glad this car is finally treating your right kev. :h5:

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
turn the boost up tho. christ. screw this pussy footing around. so much potential just sitting there.

Getting the "hillbilly" modded maf working nicely with the AFC at the track took sometime. The car is finally on the right path.

Besides, nothing wrong with a conservative approach rather than going all out balls to the walls; the car was out of commission long enough.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Getting the "hillbilly" modded maf working nicely with the AFC at the track took sometime. The car is finally on the right path.

Besides, nothing wrong with a conservative approach rather than going all out balls to the walls; the car was out of commission long enough.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The car has been up and down soooooo much that it needs this babying.

Rome wasnt built in a day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info