lookin to do heads on the ville

MadMike

More Cowbell!
Mar 20, 2009
Lith/algonquin
The Bonneville Buildup

any recommendations? ive been lookin at all the different ones on zzp and intense, and im wonderin what i should be lookin at/for

anyway, i know i wanna do the heads,
i already have my list of goodies i need for the
genV/L32 setup w/ n* tb.
and im talkin to a buddy who wants to help with doin e85.

but that really just leaves heads and a cam, but im not doin a cam.
1.9 rockers will do just fine, cuz..
i want just a nice solid, fastest bonneville w/o a cam title. thats all, you know, nothin fancy or anythin..

Last edited:

MadMike

More Cowbell!
Mar 20, 2009
Lith/algonquin
well what i could do, is just trade my 1.8's for 1.9's and then maybe find someone who knows how, to port my heads that ive got, just a little.

more of a budget idea haha,

the genV/IC/e85 is in the works tho, i know that makes nice numbers

edit: although, i wouldnt be able to get my cool title, or would i??? o.0

MadMike

More Cowbell!
Mar 20, 2009
Lith/algonquin
cuz im just considering heads, i want em, but your right there expensive as fuck.
ive also considered turboing, but im also still on the fence if id rather do that, or just a shortstack, and a buddys genV, im really not trying to go for retarded power, just trying to break pauls record from the bonneville forum, and kinda one up it to get the competition go on a little,

idk, im trowin ideas around, seein if they are in fact good ones,
and alot of them lead to either just genV IC and e85
-OR-
turbo and make it one of the fastest bonnevilles on the planet..

that one sounds appealing, but also then again, i like the e85 idea, just because i bet i can still pull alot of power out of it, with proper tuning.
obviously tho, with a turbo setup, and e85, i bet i could make ridiculous power, and spend almost double,
that is, if i wouldnt get the heads, which i probably wont, just for the simple fact that there so expensive, and require so much to install.

so kev, the difference what your tellin me, between the 1.8 and 1.9 is not enough to wanna make a trade with a little cash for difference?
squeezing power where i can is kinda important i think, but idk im no expert.

im also drunk so if this becomes a rant, please excuse me, well, now that i look, it seems ive already made a bit of a ruckus..

bottom line, V/IC/e85 vs turbo, which is really more cost effective? considering i already have, some of the parts i need for the e85 build up.

i mean, even the z7 kit is like what almost 3 grand? hmm...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Whats your budget?

Honestly, you're gonna need a trans eventually so you have to keep that in the back of your mind, that or go 80e and dont worry!

Seriously, I'd keep your current mods and bolt-on a basic turbo kit for 2k or less if you can find it and FLY (if you have a built trans)

otherwise, dont even bother with the IC, go GenV and a cam... DD has that on his white regal and it moves the hell out on e85!

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I have a set of 1.9's from Intense, but I'm looking to sell. However, if you already have 1.8's, I don't think the gain you'll get (if ANY) will be worth the work. I'll gladly sell them to you, but I don't want to trade.

I'd also sell you my Gen 3 Phenolic spacer. It'll probably do you as much good with your Gen V as doing the rocker swap...just my 2 cents.

MadMike

More Cowbell!
Mar 20, 2009
Lith/algonquin
Whats your budget?

Honestly, you're gonna need a trans eventually so you have to keep that in the back of your mind, that or go 80e and dont worry!

Seriously, I'd keep your current mods and bolt-on a basic turbo kit for 2k or less if you can find it and FLY (if you have a built trans)

otherwise, dont even bother with the IC, go GenV and a cam... DD has that on his white regal and it moves the hell out on e85!

budget is kinda up in the air at this point, im waiting to see what i get for my travel voucher check.

where could i find an 80e? ive yet to see anyone selling one, but i guess i havent looked either.

when you say keep what i got and bolt on turbo, you sayin twin charge? or block off the sc and straight turbo? on top of that, where am i gonna find a kit for less than 2k?

and when you say his regal moves the hell out, what are we talkin about? 13's? 12's? 11's? i mean dont get me wrong, im just unclear.

really what it all was, is to work on tryin to get the most i can, without doing a cam, for some reason im just reluctant to doing it, tho if i can get a good deal, id probably do it at the drop of a pin.

heres the other side too, if i do a cam, i gotta swap out all my rockers, again.. i just did that like 8 months ago, im just glad i still have stockers, thatll make it a little easier, in the long run.

i think im gonna change the title of the thread, to the Bonneville build.
since im one of the only people in the area that are even modding one, i think it can attract some attention as something unique.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
budget is kinda up in the air at this point, im waiting to see what i get for my travel voucher check.

where could i find an 80e? ive yet to see anyone selling one, but i guess i havent looked either.

when you say keep what i got and bolt on turbo, you sayin twin charge? or block off the sc and straight turbo? on top of that, where am i gonna find a kit for less than 2k?

and when you say his regal moves the hell out, what are we talkin about? 13's? 12's? 11's? i mean dont get me wrong, im just unclear.

really what it all was, is to work on tryin to get the most i can, without doing a cam, for some reason im just reluctant to doing it, tho if i can get a good deal, id probably do it at the drop of a pin.

heres the other side too, if i do a cam, i gotta swap out all my rockers, again.. i just did that like 8 months ago, im just glad i still have stockers, thatll make it a little easier, in the long run.

i think im gonna change the title of the thread, to the Bonneville build.
since im one of the only people in the area that are even modding one, i think it can attract some attention as something unique.

80e trans are out of cadillacs... talk to james aka turbocharged400sbc/3800

anyways, keep the engine exactly how it is now... remove s/c and otehr mods, sell them... buy basic turbo kit and bolt on between 300-400whp with a good tune using a N/A upper

DD's car could snap off a mid 12 if he could tune it without it dying :tear:

anyways, it REALLY depends on your budget, cause you'll need to upgrade the trans if you keep the 65

MadMike

More Cowbell!
Mar 20, 2009
Lith/algonquin
so, like..
somethin like this?
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/Reinforced-3800-Intake-Manifold-p-161.html#

im gonna start lookin for the trans and see what i can find,

the turbo kit tho, its gonna need some modification to fit a bonne no?
cuz i noticed on the kits on zzp they dont say there direct fit, but they also dont say that there not able to be used.

if this plan works, ill be the only one in the country, with a turbo bonne, at least i think so, i have yet to hear about one.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
so, like..
somethin like this?
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/Reinforced-3800-Intake-Manifold-p-161.html#

im gonna start lookin for the trans and see what i can find,

the turbo kit tho, its gonna need some modification to fit a bonne no?
cuz i noticed on the kits on zzp they dont say there direct fit, but they also dont say that there not able to be used.

if this plan works, ill be the only one in the country, with a turbo bonne, at least i think so, i have yet to hear about one.

yea that top-end, but from the junkyard off an L26 or L36 and that TB

i dunno on the turbo kit, I ASSume it would have plenty of room considering how much more space is in that engine compartment of the bonnies

I know there is a turbo park ave lol... not sure on your platform, dont exactly know much besides the infamous tommy gloves and his black ssei of doom

MadMike

More Cowbell!
Mar 20, 2009
Lith/algonquin
i just watched a video of some guy in toronto i guess? im not 100%
but he has a cammed and turboed bonne, i wont be the first :(

but fear not! i still wanna give it a go!
because after watching that video i know it can be done!

when you say and that TB,
you mean the stock one ive got? or with a L26/36 one?

heres a link to the video if your curious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaInx1DjRlU&feature=related

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info