Window regulator and motor

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I wanted to see if lubing the tracks would help my driver's side window situation. While I was down there lubing it up :pedobear: I noticed there was a lot of slack in one of the cables. Does that indicate the regulator is shot?

I've never torn into the window that far before so wanted to double check before I order one. Morad has a motor/regulator in stock I may pick up.

Unless, James, you have one for a driver's side coupe in your inventory. I promise I'll come by and pick it up at the garage this time.

The window goes up just fine but won't go down without some force or if I pull the weather stripping away from the window.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the motor spool/guides are worn out
the guids are likely worn into more of a V than a gentle U so tend to clamp the cable and slow it down/draw more current.

nah i dont got any in stock
the aurora junkyard has plenty including a few wrecks that your pretty much gauranteed to find a good one...
they even had several good batterys on the table near the yard entrance if you wanna hotwire em to see if they work

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I don't know how they work for GP's but i got motor and regulator assemblies off Ebay for my back windows and they are fine... then again i only count on them to hold up the back windows as i don't really ever have anyone sit back there.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I have a drivers side motor/regulator combo sitting in the garage. I picked it up, but the issue ended up being the window itself(bracket came off the glass, so the carrier moved, but the window didn't). It is just 4 bolts to the door frame, and 2 to the window for install (might be a few extras to mount the motor)

$50 obo and it's yours :pedobear:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info