security system relearn

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if possible put car on charger/disconnect drl's
insert key, try to start, when engine dies leave key on for 10minutes, turn off then turn on (do not crank) for another 10, then turn off and turn on again for another 10 minutes, turn off and key/passkey setting should be relearned and it should start..
the reader module and key are usually what fail but the IPC.BCM can also fail and prevent the code from being transmitted to the pcm over the serial data bus

looks like your just one town over lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I can give it gas to keep it on for maybe an extra 2 seconds then it shuts down.

I see what heavykevy is on to, I think he draws a good point. When i was told about this "problem" I was unaware the car would stay running with the addition of throttle. This would have nothing to do with the security system if the car continues to run when giving it gas. Def sounds like a fuel pump/resistor/supercloggedfilter problem.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
delete it to confirm but alot of folks just leave the pump in high speed mode all the time

if the BAP is triggered off the fuel tank harness coming from the secondary sides of both the high/low speed circuits then it should be doing as its supposed to and only turn on under power....it just isnt getting the power and in turn not turning on.

delete the low speed circuit and run it in high speed, if your problems go away then your golden. if not then you continue diagnostics

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info