bad cyl 1 misfire

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
I just want to say I never had this kind of problem with the car since I owned it.

Eric had explained to me what he had done. Compression test on cylinders 1 and 3 were 150+ PSI. Swapped injectors, swapped wires, swapped coils, replaced ICM, replaced plugs, replaced fuel filter, and replaced FPR. The problem happened suddenly (overnight) after he had driven the car from work. The next morning the car started the problem.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Twas the idea when i did it, but that's actually a really good picture of james. He looks less like he wants to chase around and beat up little kids, and more like a happy person. I'm sure that picture shows why... :ugh:

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
Twas the idea when i did it, but that's actually a really good picture of james. He looks less like he wants to chase around and beat up little kids, and more like a happy person. I'm sure that picture shows why... :ugh:

Changed my avatar to less confuse me and others.

Back to the issue; fuel, spark, compression are all present, but the car is still misfiring. Could there be an issue with timing?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
That would be really noticeable and the car would barely be driveable.

dep where the spring broke...if it broke at the top coil the valve would have very low seat pressure/sit just off the seat....if it was the intake valve it would cause a cycling in the man vacum, which would explain the FP variance (though an air filed FPgauge /fuel pulsation would cause the same "variance")
id suggest a dynamic leakdown test to determin ring/valve sealing that a comp test wouldnt show ya.

does it do this at idle and at speed?
what are the history misfire counts for all cylinders? does 4 also have misfire counts?
ground one hand and feel around the coil towers down near the coil bolt and see if you have voltage leakage
what about the old plugs was cyl 1 different from the rest?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info