to buy or not SS Intercooler

jreed

Apr 30, 2010
chi town
yeah i forgot to mention the vehicle is a cutlass that has been swapped. i have a xpz cam and it only seems right to intercool. a buddy of mine ran a ss in his cutlass but when he went to full size hood would not close for shit. so im not sure if it was a lot or a little to do to the hood

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
cut n weld. you can stuff anything into anything

but yeah i do have a SS ic for the 442's front motor since its not supposed to stand out...we figured anything is better than nothing lol

cradle spacers and spacers at the hood hinge? :rofl:
you could also lower the motor cut hood bracing? total in the end it may be enough for the extra inch or so

an old coworker at Harry's on rand (a while back) has a mint green 67 mustang that we swapped a 460 into and we spaced the hood up 1 inch to clear the carb :dunno: now it has a sheet of aluminum bent into a scoop riveted to the hood :rofl: we used to beat the hell outta that thing

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Can't remember if I have met you or not, but I have definitely observed your car in his driveway a handful of times.

I never got a chance to see his hood after he put the spacers on. He said it looked pretty ridiculous. Throw in a set of cradle spacers and it may end up looking not quite as bad.

or you could just do something like this.

044-1.jpg

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I saw it after the setup, it did look pretty riddiculous. Fast as fuck though, I don't remember how much he demodded before he sold, but took a ride in that thing before he decided to sell and :wackit:. He did say the intercooler made a huge difference, so if you don't mind the hood looking a little off go for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info