Hp tuners

G_T_O

TCG Elite Member
May 10, 2009
My friend has hp tuners for his mustang and called me wanting to see if he could tune my car aswell. He was telling me that he can use the GM beta. Is there a way to upgrade the beta or do you just gotta buy a whole new software? I didn't know there was a difference in software between the ford and GM, just thought it was a standard software for all. Any advice would help thanks!

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I didn't know many people tuned Fords with HP Tuners. It should be the same software, maybe he is just using the beta like Eagle is. I am curious about this as well and wouldn't mind seeing the beta. As far as i know... He would just have to buy the credits for your car. In conclusion, i wouldn't let someone who has never tuned a 3800 tune your car though.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You have to make sure you have Ford credits. If you want the beta software, you need to contact HPTuners support:

[email protected]

IIRC, they need your SN off your HPT box. You get it via the scanner software with the box connected to your laptop.

Just email and ask for the most recent beta, they'll tell you what you need to do.

G_T_O

TCG Elite Member
May 10, 2009
I didn't know many people tuned Fords with HP Tuners. It should be the same software, maybe he is just using the beta like Eagle is. I am curious about this as well and wouldn't mind seeing the beta. As far as i know... He would just have to buy the credits for your car. In conclusion, i wouldn't let someone who has never tuned a 3800 tune your car though.

I won't let him tune it but we were just curious cause if need be I can just learn how to tune off the beta

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info