Fuel pump resistor

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
I want to replace my fuel pump resistor so i dont prematurely wear our my pump, regulator, and filter.

Does anyone have a replacement or a good way to replace the resistor?

Also, if anyone makes a run to the boneyard put me down for one and of course i will post when i make a run to the boneyard.

Nick

EDIT: i am running a PRJ/racetronix fuel pump and i do want to slow it down some for better fuel mileage if that makes sense. Feel free to comment.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
flowing more fuel to the injectors will impact fuel economy. check out fuel injector size calculators online. all injectors are flow rated at 45psi. if the pressure of flow is to the injector is increased the flow rate of the injector also increases.

resistor is not cheap though $50 to $70.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
flowing more fuel to the injectors will impact fuel economy. check out fuel injector size calculators online. all injectors are flow rated at 45psi. if the pressure of flow is to the injector is increased the flow rate of the injector also increases.

resistor is not cheap though $50 to $70.

You realize injectors are like switches right? You also know that the PCM monitors a/f right? Also I believe it's 01+ doesn't have a resister it's just always on high.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
You realize injectors are like switches right? You also know that the PCM monitors a/f right? Also I believe it's 01+ doesn't have a resister it's just always on high.
dont be a subaru owner. Yes i know of all of the above and with that i still want to slow the pump down...i may not get 10 mpg but i will lean out the engine some.

what are cons in slowing down the fuel pump?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
lower fuel pressures result in larger fuel droplets and means there is less surface area for fuel to vaporize your more likely to have unburnt fuel leave the cylinder. higher pressures tend to atomize the fuel much more meaning more fuel will vaporize and burn.

its a moot point the pcm will add/subtract fuel to maintain stoic based on o2 readings....the best way for you to improve fuel economy is to lean out the comanded afr and PE tables.
a big increase will be *****d from disabling PE and tuning for little/no knock that way...the car will make less power and be noticably slower but you can pick up 50+ miles per tank that way.
slowing down the fuel pump is mostly for NVH and pump life...wont change the fuel econ....

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
yeah i understand the fuel atomization too but i am running 255 pump (L/hr i believe) and higher FPR. Also, i did see pressure creep (a spike in fuel pressure) with the stock FPR and a functional resistor with the 255 pump. Basically even with slowing down the pump i know it will still produce higher flows than the stock pump ever produced.

I am not slowing it down that much i dont think. At this point i want to see if it will help fuel econ and improve the fuel system robustness (the pressure creep was do to the FPR having a small return ID).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info