cold start tuning

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Raise cold start idle so it doesn't surge like that, and raise OL enable to 110-120* so the oxygen sensor can't tell the computer what to do until the motor is warmed up. My blue car did this until i raised the idle. Once it starts searching though, it's an endless battle until it decides to either die or idle normal. Pain in the ass.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It's the temperature of the engine the computer is ok with turning on the o2 sensors at. And Eagle, i wish we had tables to control things like that, our only option is pretty much just a bandaid or getting REALLY good factory o2 sensors. Anything aftermarket is just junk. Even ac delco aftermarket. A good low mile sensor will do wonders for idling.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
wtf is OL enable?

Is that a HPT only table?
OL = Open Loop. You can increase the time before the PCM switches to Closed Loop.

Do 3800's have Idle Airflow (RAF) tables that could be used to manage this a bit?
Yes...but not in HPT. Gotta use TinyTuner and hope they are mapped (IAC section).

I don't have access to my tuner crap at the moment so I can't be more specific. :s00ls:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Tommy, could you per chance make these changes for me one day when we see each other with the tiny tuner? I love hpt, but the tables you guys get vs the ones we do blows balls sometimes. My blue car is really pissing me off with the idle problem i have. It doesn't go to commanded idle unless it's stopped, if i'm moving and let off the throttle it goes to like 500rpm and either dies or almost dies, but as soon as i stop, BAM, commanded idle. Fucking pisses me off.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Tommy, could you per chance make these changes for me one day when we see each other with the tiny tuner? I love hpt, but the tables you guys get vs the ones we do blows balls sometimes. My blue car is really pissing me off with the idle problem i have. It doesn't go to commanded idle unless it's stopped, if i'm moving and let off the throttle it goes to like 500rpm and either dies or almost dies, but as soon as i stop, BAM, commanded idle. Fucking pisses me off.

Sure...you bring the propeller hats and pocket protectors. :s00ls:

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
I'd say that IAC airflow thing would be good to look into... that would make sense for my car as well. Since switching back to stock timing tables and gasoline the car starts and idles way better than it did, but it does feel like there is still an IAC error of some sort just after it fires. surges maybe once or twice. but thats it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info