wiper arm replacement

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
rain_x_latitude-400-400.jpg

Had a set for like 3 years, then replaced it last week with another and it made no difference.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
generally panda you can get away with removing your current one's and oiling the mechanism and flexing it a few times to get rid of and stiffness. sometimes you might find it necessary to re-bend the arm.
in extreme cases i've shimmed the wiper pivots on other vehicles

clean blade edge with a towel and rubbing alcohol. what washer fluid you use? any chatter?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
take the arms inside. let them warm up and squirt some lub into the joint. most of the time the pivot point rusts or corrodes which makes it stiff to move and not putting as much pressure onto the blade.

depending on how bad yours are, you may have to just buy replacement arms.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Try the "winter" blades, IMHO those rain x ones suck. The winter blades work great all-season, but the frame is encased in rubber, and it being heavier holds tighter to the window.

I have had the same pair of Rain X latitudes for 3 years and just replaced with a brand new set and it made no difference. I also have had them on a few other cars and like how they perform. I have the ones just like in the picture, they arnt the typical metal frame blades they are solid. IMO they are great and do not suck, but for $40 for a pair they shouldn't.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I have had the same pair of Rain X latitudes for 3 years and just replaced with a brand new set and it made no difference. I also have had them on a few other cars and like how they perform. I have the ones just like in the picture, they arnt the typical metal frame blades they are solid. IMO they are great and do not suck, but for $40 for a pair they shouldn't.

I thought they were the 1 piece kind with no frame. My Dad brought me over a set, and I ended up replacing them within a month. They never clung to the glass that well, left a ton of streaks. I bought some cheapie ones and they are still on the car a year later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info