Anyone run SSC springs?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yep, pogo washers and love how it rides. Not bouncy at all, body control is handled well for what it is with the upgraded sways and springs. The drop is mild but even all the way around.

This is right when they went on without much settle. With the stock 16s the tires fill in the wheel gap better.
AGXs008.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
gmpp sways for dirt cheap on ebay as well. cheaper than zzp by like 40 bucks WITH shipping. dont think i need to spend the extra on bmr trailing arms, zzp should do.

so ive got springs, sways and trailing arms all in my cart from various sites :rofl: boredom is dangerous.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I was always under the impression that Vogtland = GMPP, I have no idea if that's true though...

The SSC cars I've ridden in seemed relatively tame ride-wise, but not as nice as GMPP.

I have sprints, they suck all sorts of balls, they're the same outfit as springtech, also notorious suckers of balls.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
i really like the gmpp's...not too harsh. vogtland sound good to me. cheaper than ssc too. im reading that the scc's ride a bit harsh. this would be for colleen's car and harsh isnt what im going for.

Vogtland made the GMPP springs...IIRC they are actually identical. I also have the GMPP's, and they are probably the best all-round springs for the GTP. Many of the stiffer/lower drops are great when fresh, but settle within a season...and suck hard after that.

I had a set of the SLP's previously on my own car, and they sucked after 6 months. Car looked like it was bagged within 2 years...car scraped on everything. I've driven many different GTP set-ups, and the only one I could live with for street car was the GMPP's.

If you haven't yet, the GMPP springs are GREAT with the upgrade GMPP bars/trailing arms; especially full weight. I did all but the front sway when my car was still light, but now it's back to full weight am craving the stiffness of the bigger front bar. It's not as great for WOT acceleration (traction), but the car has a great cornering feel.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Well, I'm not a fan of the BMR trailing arms...they weigh a lot more then the GMPP's. Suspension is not a great place to add weight (rougher ride). The trails just need to be stiffened so they don't sag...they really don't see the kid of forces the front end does.

If I was still making the spherical front jobbies, I would try and steer you in that direction. It's a night/day difference in feel, and not harsh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info