M/C DRL

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
On my car you have to pull the relay and then place a jumper between two of the terminals. I have a pic somewhere...

DRLtrick010.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i shoulda deleted snip from that post you coulda bent it and been able to bend it back, his didnt trigger a light and there's nothing jumpering the primary side of his setup, let me dig through my stash and see if i have any 5pin smalls

The ambient light sensor is a light-sensitive transistor that varies its voltage signal to the Body Control Module (BCM) in response to changes in the outside (ambient) light level. When the BCM receives this signal, the BCM turns ON either the DRL or the headlamp relay for auto headlamp operation. Any function or condition that turns ON the headlamps will cancel the DRL operation.

Thirty seconds after you start the ignition with the headlamp switch set in the OFF position, the DRL will perform one of two actions:

• Illuminate the high beam headlights at a reduced intensity in daylight conditions
  • Illuminate the low beam headlights in low light conditions
The DRL/EXT lamps fuse in the top of the engine fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to both the DRL switch contacts and to the DRL relay coil.

When the BCM energizes the DRL relay coil, current flows through the right high beam lamp, to the left hand high beam lamp, to the energized DRL relay switch contacts, to ground G101. The high beam headlamps are now in series, and split the voltage so that the headlamps illuminate at half intensity. The DRL operates when the ignition switch is in the RUN position, and the parking brake is not set or the transmission is not in park. When these conditions have been met and the ambient light sensor indicates daytime conditions, the DRL will illuminate.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
all the lights were off then? yeah my bad i didnt think about that hard enough, it would be able to diagnose any circuit problems cause the bcm controls everything.

i did a quick look and could find any but 4 pins i have a whole bucket that probably has a few in it but youll have to pull the cover off the relay and wedge it closed in the NC position, the bcm will think everythings hunky dory and the drl's will stay off

this people... is why it sucks to have a computer control your shit :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info