4t65e-HD question.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
even though I have my wrx now and it is fun and kinda fast, I miss the shit out of drivng my monte... it is faster and louder. After the trans shop in town worked on it, it just slipps really bad and has a questionable rattling noise at times.

My question, Is anyone willing to take a look at it that really knows what they are doing with these transmissions? I will pay you and I can drop it out of the car and take it anywhere within a reasonable drive. I am not looking to fully rebuild anything right now, money is thin. If the trans gets taken apart and it is screwed all together, then you wouldn't have to even put it back together...just throw all the crap in a box and I will take it back that way. If it is something easily fixed, then I will pay for the repair and whatever else it would cost to make sure there isn't one bit of metal in the trans from before.

Second question being, would it be ok/a good idea to just get an aftermarket trans cooler and not even run it through the stock one? I know the trans would not heat up as fast, but it wouldn't get as hot either would it?

The dude at the shop said everything looked good in the trans, but I destoyed my TC. Got a new one and they put it back together. 1 week later something starts to rattle around and the trans slips like all hell now. It is fully built, so there should be some working parts. Would appreciate the help. Thanks, Andy C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SleeperLS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list