fuel pump and fuel pump rewire questions.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
alright so went and ripped my car a little bit today...

when im gettin into her all the way fuel pressure gauge goes to like 60psi, and stays there for a second, then slowly drops off and the car goes super lean also when it happens (no shit)

so im assuming my stock 150k mile fuel pup is getting a little tired... and i could probably use a fuel pump rewire... right?

so anyways... my buddies gtp has a racetronix pump on it i think (bikrboys old car) and I am hopefully gonna get that out of that car...

what all is necessary for that fuel pump to go into my 2001? he has a 1998...

i thought something is different on my car where it wont work all super duper...

alright and finally- looking at fuel pump rewires...

what is the difference between the zzp one and the wbodystore one from caspers?

zzp:

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=177

wbody:

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/L67-L32-Fuel-Pump-Hotwire-Kit-p-10.html

and go.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I have the same it for my 01 and the difference is that a 01 has a plastic gas tank and a 98 is metal. This makes the top of the fuel pump canister different. I has to my a hybird drop in canister, Basically it is a 01 top and a 98 bottom. You need to snag a 98 - 2000 GTP fuel pump canister.
I have the racetronix fuel pump re wire and love it..... get it

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
If your interested, I have a caspers rewire kit in the garage...its probably 4+ years old but never been used. Still in the bag it came in. I won it along time ago when Justin (from Casper's) had a BBQ at his house for ILGPC. He was nice enough to raffle some stuff off.

Although I did steal the zip ties from the bag cause I needed some small ones. Since those are gone Ill let it go for half price :rofl:. $35 and its yours...or I can ship it for $40

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
alright sweet. i have an older fuel pump here- if i take it out and look at it, will i be able to figure it out?

I am about to pass out but some where I have some old pics that I got from PRJ about doing this. Ill have to dig them out.

If you set the two side by side you should figure it out.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
alright so went and ripped my car a little bit today...

when im gettin into her all the way fuel pressure gauge goes to like 60psi, and stays there for a second, then slowly drops off and the car goes super lean also when it happens (no shit)

so im assuming my stock 150k mile fuel pup is getting a little tired... and i could probably use a fuel pump rewire... right?

so anyways... my buddies gtp has a racetronix pump on it i think (bikrboys old car) and I am hopefully gonna get that out of that car...

what all is necessary for that fuel pump to go into my 2001? he has a 1998...

i thought something is different on my car where it wont work all super duper...

alright and finally- looking at fuel pump rewires...

what is the difference between the zzp one and the wbodystore one from caspers?

zzp:

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=177

wbody:

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/L67-L32-Fuel-Pump-Hotwire-Kit-p-10.html

and go.

Stick with the racetronix or Caspers...I have the Caspers and a custom pump, but the Racetronix is great...installed it on a bunch of cars.

Yeah, you'll have to frankenstein a canister...but all in all it's not that bad of a job. Try to use your level sensor if possible.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If your interested, I have a caspers rewire kit in the garage...its probably 4+ years old but never been used. Still in the bag it came in. I won it along time ago when Justin (from Casper's) had a BBQ at his house for ILGPC. He was nice enough to raffle some stuff off.

Although I did steal the zip ties from the bag cause I needed some small ones. Since those are gone Ill let it go for half price :rofl:. $35 and its yours...or I can ship it for $40

fantastic. i will answer your pm here in a moment.

X2 for running racetronix stuffs.

nice. k good

my old car does have the racetronix pump fwi. :fy:

thats good fucking news.

I am about to pass out but some where I have some old pics that I got from PRJ about doing this. Ill have to dig them out.

If you set the two side by side you should figure it out.

right on.

Stick with the racetronix or Caspers...I have the Caspers and a custom pump, but the Racetronix is great...installed it on a bunch of cars.

Yeah, you'll have to frankenstein a canister...but all in all it's not that bad of a job. Try to use your level sensor if possible.

okey dokey. thanks ron :h5:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info