30r?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I just figured a gt40 was pretty good because I was going to get a car tuning kit with a pt61 and since that was basically junk with the used kit I was going to get. Replace it with a gt40 because it is around the same up rating which is good for around 450-700. Just my two cents.

With that turbo you would have to customize the entire kit, just get that pt61 and get it rebuilt by precision. It would be your best choice cause that turbo will be more than enough. I know what kit you're looking at, just get her fixed up.

im just trying to figure out how my buddy is making 30lbs of boost on a 30r and its too small for my car lol i figure its at least 20's capable boost wise and would spool much quicker.

The 30r probably spikes at 30lbs of boost but doesn't hold it, it's not that big of a turbo. On a 3800 it would be maxed out almost instantly and be completely useless, plus the exhaust side would be way too small. There are many options to consider when sizing a turbo, MANY, not just 30r, 35r, 42r, etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info