SHE'S ALIVE (kind of)

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
well after running into a bunch of little problems (still have a few) the car started up tonight. it would stay running for about 10 seconds then die. i tried to gas it to keep it running but it still died. and i couldn't mess with it to much because right now i am running open turbo DP and don't think my neighbor would want to here my car at 2 am.

i still have to weld up the exhaust, re-do the brake lines (i had to delete the abs) and fix the vacuum map. how i had it setup my BOV opened while it was sitting there idling...

but either way, im pretty pumped that is at least started...just wanted to share because i was pretty pumped. :jg:

hopefully i can get everything solved in a timely manner and get this thing on the road so i can break my 7/8th's chain and be back to square 1 with no car:rollpicard:

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Anymore updates?

I got the brake lines cut and fixed to delete abs and got the master cylinder in. Breaks bled, axles in, moved some Vac lines around. The BOV is nonlonger opening at idle but I won't know if everything is coorect until I get her on the street.

I am still new to tuning and reading and such so I am having a guy help mr with my tuning to get it initially running and he is unable to take a look at the the until tomorrow. (it's DOHCz34 from clubgp, he sent e the initial tune and I scanned an sent it back his way to fix)

I also need to finish welding the exhaust but I bought the wrong wire for my welder. So once I get the wire I'll fix that and install the cutout and wideband.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
FIgured out why it kept dying tonight. Fuel pump rewire was not tapped
into the correct wire on the fire box. It was getting initial pressure with key on but then dying. Have some major vacuum leaks that I will be attempting to tackle tomorrow. Hopefully a few days and I will be on the road seeing how long it takes to break this chain.:rollpicard:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You do realize breaking the chain will probably be detrimental to the entire trans right? You can't break it and just toss in a 7/8's chain, it will probably crack/shatter/explode/kaboom/shabang/bazzzzapppp/kaaablow/etc.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
You do realize breaking the chain will probably be detrimental to the entire trans right? You can't break it and just toss in a 7/8's chain, it will probably crack/shatter/explode/kaboom/shabang/bazzzzapppp/kaaablow/etc.

Yes:hs:

obviously I don't want to break the chain but everyone says it is inevitable (sp?). Honestly I don't really know how many track days it will see but it is a DD and I will def. Get on it from time to time. Now some people say that's not a problem because the tires will break loose first... But won't the shifts still put stress on it? Plus I don't plan on driving around on 18psi daily or anything...:dunno:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The stock chain will break, it's going to happen, it will probably just happen on your first WOT pull on 15+PSI. People definitely crack me up when they think the street tires breaking loose will keep the chain from snapping. There's just as much power in 3rd gear as all the other gears but the tires won't spin then, think about that. Load=broken shit.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Then again, you might just twist the input shaft of first :dunno: either way, the tq of a turbo likes to twist and snap things, have fun :bigthumb:

It's not a stock chain, as ur above post says, but I still know the risk of snapping the 7/8th. But phatride is rocking one with quite a few passes so far and way more power the. I will be laying down, hopefully I get as lucky as him.

As for the IS how often has someone twisted a 4340 shaft on 400whp (I am guessing at most I will be around 400 with boost turned up)???:dunno:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
It's not a stock chain, as ur above post says, but I still know the risk of snapping the 7/8th. But phatride is rocking one with quite a few passes so far and way more power the. I will be laying down, hopefully I get as lucky as him.

As for the IS how often has someone twisted a 4340 shaft on 400whp (I am guessing at most I will be around 400 with boost turned up)???:dunno:

what are your mods again? engine internals and turbo specifically

i wouldnt worry about the chain unless you are doing some 2nd to 1st kick downs at WOT.... regal guy with 350whp finally broke his stock chain on about 350+whp if that and that was after 2 years lol, and it was the downshift that go it... stock trans for the car running mid 12s

if youve got a 4340 and a 7/8ths, you shouldnt have a problem unless you are like heads/cam and pushing 15+ psi

hell just ask KJ, though his trans lasted a long time, though i dont remember his mods

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info