Turbo/vacuum help...

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
so im looking at installing the motor back in within the next couple of days (waiting to get the t fitting for the oil pressure for turbo)

i am running a tial waste gate, and tial bov, with a IC setup and 54mm turbo, and a manual boost controller.

where do i run all of the vacuum lines for the WG, BOV, and boost controller? the turbo does not have a vacuum port on it, and i only have one of the adapters for the wastegate but i noticed it had another spot on the bottom...

any help ASAP?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
vac.jpg

Pretty sure this diagram should work for you. Just remove the line that runs from the T @ the bottom of the pic that runs up to the can (blue line).

I'm sure someone else can confirm.

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
for me... one of my vac lines comes off of the "T" on the LIM, goes to the boost controller... out of the boost controller- into the bottom of the wastegate- out of the top of the wastegate back into the intake manifold.

bov has a separate line going right to it.

i'm using a L36 setup and it does not have a vac. on the LIM.

i also read that the vacuum needs to be before the throttle body for the waste gate but as i was looking through the turbo pic thread on clubgp i didn't notice anyone doing that...:dunno:

so you have no problems with your setup KJ? i can basically just pick any vacuum?

also....
i saw a few pics over on clubgp thread where they weren't even using the bottom port on the wastegate, they were just using the top one. well, when i bought my kit it only came with the 1 adapter so will it be okay to just use the top vacuum port or should i some how find out how to get another adapter?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Which port you use on the WG depends on the boost controller type. Some use just the bottom, and some use both, even the manual ones. Look at the Stattama's they use top/bottom and they are manual. I've never seen one use just the top though... :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was always under the impression that you leave the top port wide open when using a manual boost controller.

i think its different for whatever you are running

i also read that the vacuum needs to be before the throttle body for the waste gate but as i was looking through the turbo pic thread on clubgp i didn't notice anyone doing that...:dunno:

so you have no problems with your setup KJ? i can basically just pick any vacuum?

also....
i saw a few pics over on clubgp thread where they weren't even using the bottom port on the wastegate, they were just using the top one. well, when i bought my kit it only came with the 1 adapter so will it be okay to just use the top vacuum port or should i some how find out how to get another adapter?

i dont think the wastegate needs to be before the throttle... just do it off of anything on the intake manifold then... and i have no problems with my setup

Which port you use on the WG depends on the boost controller type. Some use just the bottom, and some use both, even the manual ones. Look at the Stattama's they use top/bottom and they are manual. I've never seen one use just the top though... :dunno:

yeah thats what mine is.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park

also....

On many of the L36's there is a vac port on the back (Right between #4 and #6 Fuel injector) that leads to the stock climate control actuators, it is a little nipple on the big nipple that the Brake Booster connects to, just Tee of of that line for manifold Boost/Vac

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info