That's it ZZP. Too far.

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
Resolved. Tim apologized, we are working out the details of getting this issue fixed. All is well.

Attachments

• -Varney483.jpg-.jpg
    -Varney483.jpg-.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 105
  • -image002.jpg-.jpg
    -image002.jpg-.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 105

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
Sounds like some bullshit to me. That ac compressor looks brand new though! That is indeed the box you sent it in? Think they have an angry customer trying to get an ac compressor warrantied and they're telling them they got a wheel bearing?

Haha could be. I should ask for the AC compressor back, seeing as how mine took a crapper on me. I could use one! LOL

Sounds like You or the guy who sent in the compressor wrote the wrong RMA number on the box... Did you not write a return address on the box?

I did put the return address on there, you just cannot see it as it is on the tab/fold above the one with the address on there. The tape did not give me enough room to write it all on the same one.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
The shipping label on the box should show the shipping weight. Tracking the box online might also show it. Thats messed up. I was making another huge list of stuff I was going to order from them and it seems like the complaints keep coming in... May have been an honest mistake on their part throwing parts around, but definitely check the weight to prove them wrong!!

Do they get that many returns that they cannot find a used wheel bearing in the same area the box was? I feel like he was probably the only one....

Do you have an email or something with the RMA number and you saying wheel bearing?

I have an email from Kyla stating the RMA number of 483 and a shipping address. Previous emails were deleted as I didn't think this would be an issue (thought getting the RMA was the hardest part).

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I sent a box out USPS once. It got lost and came back to us a month later with a differential in it. It got sent out with a Baer brake kit. Lucky for me it came back with the brake kit PLUS the differential.

You have to understand that if they're anything like any other parts company, and I'm sure they are, they get credit for these defective parts that are returned. They can simply exchange them with their supplier. I'd suspect USPS shenanigans before I'd suspect ZZP swapped out your bearing to spite you. After all, when sending you a replacement bearing, they're only out the shipping cost of sending it to you so it really doesn't make sense to piss you off and frustrate you this much over $10 - $15 worth of shipping.

But who at usps wants a busted wheel bearing and exchanged it for a compressor. To me it sounds like someone mixed up the parts at zzp. I would hope it wasn't to spite you as that would just be silly.

Exactly. It is going to cost more to send the compressor to me, and an AC compressor costs more than a wheel bearing. Plus, the wheel bearing was messed up, broken tabs, rusty, play in bearing. Why would ANYONE want that.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Exactly. It is going to cost more to send the compressor to me, and an AC compressor costs more than a wheel bearing. Plus, the wheel bearing was messed up, broken tabs, rusty, play in bearing. Why would ANYONE want that.
You're both missing my point. It's not that anyone wants it. It's that it gets misplaced and opened, contents come out and they don't know what went where. A USPS employee might not have any idea what a wheel bearing is compared to an AC compressor but they know they both look like car parts and thus things get put back into incorrect boxes.

Like I said, this has happened to me.

If you're concerned that they may have mixed up the part at ZZP, maybe ask them if that's a compressor for any of the cars they sell parts for. If it is then I'd be more likely to think ZZP made a mistake. If it's not then it's more likely that something happened in shipping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info