Question about GM head units...

So here's the low down. I got my stock head unit from my Grand Prix laying around. My friends Camaro came with just a tape player and it's a little fucked up too and he wants to switch it out until he can get an aftermarket one. So is it possible to put my head unit into his Camaro? They are literally the exact same size, he has steering wheel controls in it as well, and he has a 6 speaker monsoon system, so I figured since on GP's you can interchange all head units no matter if you have bose or the regular delco speakers it may work. Only thing I'm worried about is the harness being different. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Take it apart an find out. All you're wasting is time....

Being gm I would assume it'll go right in

That's what I'm thinking. I'm actually at work tho and just decided to research a little.

I think it looks like that. Regardless, buy mine. Thanks

PS

BRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr

med_birdman_artist_photo5.jpg

You can swap non monsoon and monsoon units in GPs. In fact, the non monsoon headunit (the one with the EQ knobs) sounds better with the monsoon speaker setup.

We learned that yesterday. It ended up working, sounded damn good. Only problem was that the mounting brackets on the head unit didn't line up :( So we're going to try someone elses head unit from a Silverado and if that doesn't work we're just gonna dremel mine and make it fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info