can this cause problems?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I cleaned and recharged my air filter on the gp yesterday.

The final step is to apply the oil on the air filter. I used my brothers mopar blue oil (I forgot the company name. I think it started with a V). The problem was the oil was in a bottle similar to a shampoo bottle. It was rather difficult to get the entire cone saturated evenly due to the way it poored.

I took my time and made sure the cone was covered. It was on there a little heay, but no too bad. After letting the cone sit for half an hour I took a clean towel and wiped off as much excess as I could. The filter looked nice and evendly colored.

I turned the car on and it took an extra turn and I heard sorta a thump sound from the air filter. I turned it off and took a look at the filter. It definettly took the excess oil off the filter. It appeared a little lighter in color. But everything seemed fine. I took it around the block and gave it a little gas. Took it back home and noticed a few very smal drops of the oil in the tubing but did not appear on the throttle body screen.

Anyway, im sure a little oil got past the maf and in the engine. This morning I used my remote start to start the car and it did not start on the first attempt. The second attempt turned a few seconds more and it started right up.

Can what I did harm anything? There is no ses light and the car idle/drives normal. Maby some injector cleaning?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info