Outflowing my LQ4....What are my options?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Alrighty...found my old school AFC 2.0:

1. Should I use Standard mode and reduce the curve by 10-12% and increase the MAF table by 10-12%?

Or

2. Should I use Enhanced mode and only reduce 7000 and up in stepped fashion (while increasing the MAF table in the same fashion with + adjustments). For example:

7000: -1%
8000: -2%
9000: -4%
10000: -8%
11000: -16%

I'm not diggin this solution...I almost want to get a bigger MAF.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Editing for the AFC is not that simple, as the MAF table is not linear. The MAF table needs to be increased roughly 3x whatever the AFC is decreased by. For example... If you set the AFC to 85%, you would need to multiply your MAF by 145%. The AFC is decreased by 15%, and the MAF table is increased by 45%.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Editing for the AFC is not that simple, as the MAF table is not linear. The MAF table needs to be increased roughly 3x whatever the AFC is decreased by. For example... If you set the AFC to 85%, you would need to multiply your MAF by 145%. The AFC is decreased by 15%, and the MAF table is increased by 45%.

I get the piece about the MAF table not being linear which is why I thought a stepped approach would only touch the areas oif the curve that are needed. (I didn't want issues with shifts and load calculations.

Just curious...how do you arrive at that math between the AFC adjustment and roughly 3xs for the MAF table?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Ask james about Eric's MAF setup.

IIRC PRJ is using one texas speed has an availabe with the LS7 MAF on Jonbobs. Not sure if anyone else has run one on a 3800, but it seems to be an option

Thanks...I was hoping James would of seen this thread.

I did see some 100mm MAFs for the C6...but they are around $300 bucks. I guess selling the LQ4 and the AFC would offset some of that cost.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
I get the piece about the MAF table not being linear which is why I thought a stepped approach would only touch the areas oif the curve that are needed. (I didn't want issues with shifts and load calculations.

Just curious...how do you arrive at that math between the AFC adjustment and roughly 3xs for the MAF table?

Matt M is the one that originally explained everything to me. You can multiply your MAF table by 145% and go and check your values. The new cell values will be roughly 85% of what they once were. Your old 10,000 Hertz will become your new 8,500 Hertz cell.... and so on.

If you look at it the numbers are close, but you will need to tune it to get it perfect.

And what is your current setup that is maxing the LQ4?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info