is my trans shot or just the TCC?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have been having some TCC issues where my car will go in and out of OD when I am cruising with low throttle. I am assuming the TCC is located in the Torque converter?

Well today on my way into work, the car will completely go out of all gears after crusing for a short time. I can't manually put the car into gear, it just goes into neutral. I had to pull over and turn the car off for a minute, turn the car back on and the car would stay into gear for about 30 seconds and then it would go out of gears again and stayed in neutral until I pulled over and turned the car off. I did notice a slight "whine" noise when the car accelerates. does this sound like my torque converter is shot or is there something else going on?

I would not be suprised if it was this junk ass ATI TC from INTENSE. I have already gone thru 3 of these damn things. At least this one lasted longer than a couple of months.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I am supposed to be going out of town in a couple of days...so I would like to drop my car off somewhere and have it fixed by the time I get back, but don't want to pay a lot of money for diagnostics. If anyone thinks they know what the problem would be i would appreciate it. Thanks, Andy C.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well my assumption is it wouldn't be the trans since it'll still go into gear after it's cooled down, almost sounds like you're low on fluid :dunno: However, i don't know enough about tq converters to tell you what happens when they fail, but INTENSE isn't exactly known for... well... anything. Wait.. the s1x, but that's it. What happened the other 3 times the converter failed?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yeah, seems about right. This problem occured in od most to all of the time for a little bit. I am guessing the tc is trashed, but I dunno. I am having my car towed to a trans place in town. I am going to have them look at it, but should I wait to order the tc or just order a new one from zzp and have them replace it regardless? Thanks for that link

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yeah, I am pretty nervous about it. I left to mississippi the other day so I only drove my car about 10 miles. It felt fine, but we will see when I get back.

I am assuming that the trans wasn,t cleaned out well enough the last time it was rebuilt. I will drive it until the next oil change(hopefully without problems) and then change the trans fluid and filter again when I change my oil.

Wish me luck guys...I am also expecting some type of failure soon but damnit I hope not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info