Rust

POR 15 is what a lot of people like to use to combat rust, but it's pretty expensive iirc. I don't have any rust on the inside of the wheel wells or below the gas cap like a lot get *knock on wood*. However my GP is rotted to shit underneath on the pinch welds. Take a look under there too while you're at it cause if you have it on the inside of the wheel wells chances are there is some underneath too.

Ive heard good things about POR 15. Also, my brother used rust converter on his Notchback and it worked wonders.

Mine is rusting below the gas cap and just keeps getting worse and makes the car look like dick. Im hoping if I ever get rearended, its on the driver side

Just have your neighbor back into your rear quarter like what happened to me. Now I don't worry about rust there cause it's got fresh paint :D

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
Ive heard good things about POR 15. Also, my brother used rust converter on his Notchback and it worked wonders.

Mine is rusting below the gas cap and just keeps getting worse and makes the car look like dick. Im hoping if I ever get rearended, its on the driver side

very common on gm cars, and its covered by warranty too, the outer wheel house and the gas pocket, has no panel bond or pillar foam just metal on metal no drains holes noting and well you see the end result

the fix is replace the 1/4, clean all metal, make a drain hole, panle bond, pillar foam good as new, well sounds eay but its about 7-10 days worth of work

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
very common on gm cars, and its covered by warranty too, the outer wheel house and the gas pocket, has no panel bond or pillar foam just metal on metal no drains holes noting and well you see the end result

When I worked at Cadillac they checked that out the warranty, dont remember exactly what happened or what was said but I know I couldnt get it fixed :tear:

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
This was over the summer, Its worst than this now...

Random032.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info