How much KR should i see with this setup?

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
M@ STFU you are out of the game anyways.

02SSEI my stock pump failed and i wanted a different design than the stock vane pump style plus it was cheaper than a new stock pump.

Birkboy there is about an inch if not more clearance between the DP and GMPP sway bar. Do you think the DP is hitting the undercarriage?

Thanks for the input except for M@.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007

02SSEI my stock pump failed and i wanted a different design than the stock vane pump style plus it was cheaper than a new stock pump.

Birkboy there is about an inch if not more clearance between the DP and GMPP sway bar. Do you think the DP is hitting the undercarriage?

assumption is the mother of all fuckups, young grasshopper

You can get mad at me, and even send me angry PM's on clubgp if you want (go for it, they're really entertaining), but I'm most certainly not the only one telling you to tune it.
I certainly don't know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to 3800s though :dunno:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
What are you using to scan for KR? Knowing how much KR you have and some other values would be helpful. A guy on another site i used to frequent upgraded to a 255lph fuel pump with stock injectors and it caused him some weird issues with running rich.

I'm not sure what the deal with you and M@ is but he has a very valid point. Your PCM was calibrated by GM to run on stock manifolds, a stock fuel pump etc. You have changed variables that are not accounted for in the stock tune.

ALSO, this is in the tech forum. I am not sure why third parties feel a need to shoot in their smartass comments.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
No offense alacran but m@ knows his shit. I listen to nobody when i get advice, ask around they'll tell you, but i've pm'd M@ numerous times for advice, because i know I will get the right answer. Yes, technically i'm nut swiggin' but aside from PRJ and a couple others, M@ is pretty much the only creditable source of info in the 3800 world IMHO. PERIOD.

Now with that aside, either get a tune specifically for your setup (i can help you with that for a low price of $200) or get a mail order pcm which would suffice your mods. Stock shift points, stock fueling, and stock timing suck. Simple changes to my red car (just pcm) netted me a 98mph trap speed. I'm anxious to see how fast i can go with my intake/catted dp combo now...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

lmao.

assumption is the mother of all fuckups, young grasshopper

You can get mad at me, and even send me angry PM's on clubgp if you want (go for it, they're really entertaining), but I'm most certainly not the only one telling you to tune it.
I certainly don't know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to 3800s though :dunno:

:wavey:

What are you using to scan for KR? Knowing how much KR you have and some other values would be helpful. A guy on another site i used to frequent upgraded to a 255lph fuel pump with stock injectors and it caused him some weird issues with running rich.

I'm not sure what the deal with you and M@ is but he has a very valid point. Your PCM was calibrated by GM to run on stock manifolds, a stock fuel pump etc. You have changed variables that are not accounted for in the stock tune.

ALSO, this is in the tech forum. I am not sure why third parties feel a need to shoot in their smartass comments.

:werd:

No offense alacran but m@ knows his shit. I listen to nobody when i get advice, ask around they'll tell you, but i've pm'd M@ numerous times for advice, because i know I will get the right answer. Yes, technically i'm nut swiggin' but aside from PRJ and a couple others, M@ is pretty much the only creditable source of info in the 3800 world IMHO. PERIOD.

Now with that aside, either get a tune specifically for your setup (i can help you with that for a low price of $200) or get a mail order pcm which would suffice your mods. Stock shift points, stock fueling, and stock timing suck. Simple changes to my red car (just pcm) netted me a 98mph trap speed. I'm anxious to see how fast i can go with my intake/catted dp combo now...

:werd:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
not sure what I ever did to dude, but I must have said something brutally honest and true that he didn't like awhile back, because he PM'ed me with some profanity laden jibberish cussing me out. I was cleaning out my clubgp inbox the other day and ran across that, and loled a good deal.

I then ran across his thread on this subject both here and on cgp. I perused his stubborn propensity for ignoring anyone with useful advice for the questions he asked, and decided I would entertain myself by interlacing some good advice with some simple ribbing that I knew he would get really fired up about. He makes it too easy really.

And really, I'm not that awesome guys, let's be serious

:s00ls:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
It's definitely getting to the civic/dsm point...

plenty of kids (lol @ me calling younger peeps kids) who already know everything (also ironic for me to say in a sense)

I wouldn't say it's time to jump ship because kids are getting into it, but it's definitely time to get the fuck off most GP related sites. Nothing but stupid questions from ignorant n00bs who don't actually seem to want to hear the truthful answer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info