What turbo to go with?? Not too sure

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Well thanks to the help of mr. KJ, im getting a list of a turbo build that would work and for a decent (great)price.

Basically already have a list of

z3 hotside piping, downpipe and cross over units
stam oil kit
any BOV and piping
kit of a/a ic piping
fb a/a ic
l36 upper
stock TB
injectors

basically need help picking out/know what turbo is good for my goals and figure out the cost on that

with those mods listed, goal of 350-400whp max being IC'd

what turbo(s)?

also wastegate??

just trying to piece together and price it all out and see

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
19379huge_turbo1.jpg

Use that one. I can get you a deal on it.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Like I said, I have a L36 top end(including TB,fuel rail and such) if you wanna make an offer...... Just a note, If you use an L36 UIM, you also need to use a L36 LIM, and you will need to plug the injector bungs in either the LIM or the Heads, depending on which rails you wanna use (L36 rails are a lot cleaner looking, but L67 rails have a slightly better injector angle)

also the standard 60 trim that everyone uses as a base is more than capable of 350+WHP

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Like I said, I have a L36 top end(including TB,fuel rail and such) if you wanna make an offer...... Just a note, If you use an L36 UIM, you also need to use a L36 LIM, and you will need to plug the injector bungs in either the LIM or the Heads, depending on which rails you wanna use (L36 rails are a lot cleaner looking, but L67 rails have a slightly better injector angle)

also the standard 60 trim that everyone uses as a base is more than capable of 350+WHP

I was gonna talk to you about your L36 top end soon :wavey:

i have the PRJ injectors, and was thinking about just keeping those, but idk

i wouldn't skimp on wastegate...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAL...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

tial 38mm is what the z3 kit is designed for... id recommend that... u may be able to find it cheaper...

Thanks man, yea I figured that the wastegate would run about 200 bones

Damn, if I had money's I'd buy your M90 stuff

Lets talk.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
:h5:

I assume you mean you have the PJR rails, in that case, just plug the injector bosses in the L36 LIM, I'm sure James or Ron will know a way(probably just tap the holes and screw in plugs)........

and if you only want 300-400 whp, you don't need the bigger turbos, our engine's love the turbo, I think it is because of the little top end that we have, since that is where the turbo shines (the top of the rev range I'm referring to, not street speed) a p-60 should do fine, and spool quickly....bigger will get you more power, but also lag more:bigthumb:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Thanks man, yea I figured that the wastegate would run about 200 bones

Lets talk.

sell your rails... those fetcha pretty penny for turbo dollars

tap and plug....touchup with dremel...

get alum int hex plugs...that way you ca go with anular direct port foggers later :bigthumb:

haha. always thinking ahead. :eek3:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info