scan/possible sensor problem from today...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so my car is acting goofy....

and i think it has to be a sensor somewhere. possibly my o2 sensor since I was burning coolant due to a coolant leak earlier... but who knows? maybe my plugs are fouled because i was running suuuuper rich for a little bit?

possibly my maf?

where should I look...

I don't know, when I start my car and for the first 10-15 minutes of driving (no matter my coolant temp...) my wideband reads pretty rich... like 12-13s at idle, going, stopping, and so on and so forth.

ltfts are super high... like 14-15-16...

then as i drive more...(its about 40 minutes home from school...) it starts to run better... wideband reads 14.5-15.0 when cruising, stopped, and ltfts are quite a bit better...

i have an hptuners scan if anyone wants to look at it to help me and there was a wot run, about 4 minutes from the end of the scan...

the wot run, looks like i saw ~19 sometimes up to 20 degrees of timing? and I was seeing 9-10psi of boost... as well as 10.9-11.0 on my wideband... pretty rich...

no knock tho

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
post scans/tune

Should be the same tune i gave you a couple weeks ago? What happens is when the car runs that rich there's a table that likes to add 3* of timing. Once you get back to a good AFR the timing will go back down to what i sent you. As for the fueling problem we'll have to see when you post up the scan.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Re-send the tune, for some reason i can't open it.

Uh the o2 sensor is acting quite goofy at first probably pretty fouled and doing exactly what mr. blue himself said. Run some E85 through your car like you're supposed to :squint: and that oughta clean her right up. Or you can just replace it :dunno: Definitely explains why the car runs better when cruising and the fuel trims clean up.

Off throttle trims are :ugh: but personally i don't worry about them just cruising, idle, and WOT for this guy. We should work on getting it tuned a little better so you can change out your plugs without worrying about them getting fouled out again. 93 octane FTL... Smells like crap, fouls out plugs, too expensive, ect. :wavey:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl:

*note to self, don't rush to turbo the car if you are k j, problems will arise*

fixed.

and honestly... they are all sort of expected... i mean it wouldnt be as cool if it was easy...

and its just dumb shit...

coolant leak was because tb wasnt torq'd down all the way...

o2 wires was because o2 sensor wires werent ziptied, and APPPARENTLY... unbeknown to me... wastegates become the temperature of the sun...

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
APPPARENTLY... unbeknown to me... wastegates become the temperature of the sun...

:bowrofl: If it was easy then you would just demod like everyone else.

I'll make some changes tomorrow at work and re-send you another tune. Keep the boost where it's at right now. I'm going to try an nail it right on the head 11.8-11.9 afr and 18* of timing on the first try. From there we'll start jacking up boost slowly but surely :wavey: Get plugs and an o2 sensor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info