so i tinkered with my ride today...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
started off wishing to block off the evap passage into the tb... soo... removed the tb to get to work, and noticed quite a bit of coolant in the egr hole in my s/c casing... wtf...

so look at the tb gasket... it looks fucked... sooo begin to think... maybe i should replace my s/c gasket too... trip to the local stealership later...

got myself gaskets and shit... begin super quick rip down... realize my bbv's vacuum hookup/nipple was cracked off, and just like chillin in the bbv...

super

but what the hell do i need that for? later bbv...

later evap... realize my tps wasnt plugged into its home all the way... reconnect that... redo my vac lines since i got rid of the evap and the bbv... hour and a half later... car idles muccch better, seeing -20 in hg instead of -10 on my boost/vac gauge... and sounds a lot better... so basically...

going into fix evap cracked hose... results in ditching the evap, bbv, redoing the s/c and tb gasket in just under an hour and a half... now car is running pretty rich since i was basically tuning it with a few minor vac leaks, so now i need to lean it out...

hopefully this negates the trans bs i was seeing... i think it willl.

yay for cars idling near stock again tho!

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
tinkertoys-250-piece-set-1.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Dude, why was your junk fallin apart like that? Good job cleaning it up though, now get busy tuning that thing without a 1/2 dozen leaks and see how it does! :D

cuz its redneck as shit. i think there might be one still, im thinking in the piping somewhere or a coupler.

If you want an L36 LIM and UIM.... I got one for cheap:pedobear:

how cheap.

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
have you turned the boost up yet? I still have not made mine knock yet up to 13.5 but cant keep the boost up there since its breaking up so bad. Next time i am home i am going to gap the plugs to .035 and hope that helps.

X's 2? what is keeping you back from turning it up? turn that bitch up and let her rip!!!!

i had my boost turned up to 21psi and didnt have any kr :pedobear:

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
X's 2? what is keeping you back from turning it up? turn that bitch up and let her rip!!!!

i had my boost turned up to 21psi and didnt have any kr :pedobear:

I wish i could start turning it up. I can get the boost higher but it doesnt run much faster since it has such a dead spot between 5200-5500 after it passes 5500 or so it pulls hard till it shifts at 5800 or so and keeps pulling hard till it hits 5200ish again. Im hoping its a ignition issue and not valve float which i am thinking it is since it clears up with higher rpm which with valve float i would think wouldnt clear up at all with more rpm. Plugs are at .040 so i need to gap them smaller and see if it helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info