Going to buy one of these tonight/tmw. Any suggestions?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Panda have u ever tried taking a very small amount of super glue and very carefully seal the edges of the plastic? I did this on my tailights (cannot tell its there unless I told you) and it works very well. No more leakage.

Maby this trick would work on the headlights? Btw my stock corner light is already leaking >:|

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Amber pieces? I was planning on making them totally clear.

Like this:
gp1001-1.jpg

Ur saying they do not look good like this?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Panda have u ever tried taking a very small amount of super glue and very carefully seal the edges of the plastic? I did this on my tailights (cannot tell its there unless I told you) and it works very well. No more leakage.

Maby this trick would work on the headlights? Btw my stock corner light is already leaking >:|

I shouldn't have todo that bullshit. Im thinking mine leaks from where the signal bulb is anyway.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
400sbc, grease will keep moisture out of the bulb entrance?
get the ags silglyde silicone grease and yes it wil seal it perfectly...i use ags silglyde everywhere...brakes, dielectric grease, orings (coolant elbows...never had a leak) even paper gaskets...you can rebuild a carb and reuse the gaskets multiple times if you do it right... regular petroleum based greases will affect most rubber/viton seals...

i get the big tubes of the stuff from napa

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
get the ags silglyde silicone grease and yes it wil seal it perfectly...i use ags silglyde everywhere...brakes, dielectric grease, orings (coolant elbows...never had a leak) even paper gaskets...you can rebuild a carb and reuse the gaskets multiple times if you do it right... regular petroleum based greases will affect most rubber/viton seals...

i get the big tubes of the stuff from napa

Nice I will have to pick some up. Sounds like it is very usefull

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info