RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I paid 60 bucks for my kit from E-Bay and its been flawless for a year already. I gave my old W-Body Store HID's to my boss for his Caddy, and a set of ZZP HID's that I had no use for (9007, my car takes 9006) to another buddy. All sets have been flawless for over a year.

Rebel, how well does the telescoping kit work? I want to get some for the minivan (terrible light output) but need high beams.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
What do you do to install the HIDs? Do you need to run any wires into the car? or does all the wiring stay under the hood?

all under hood...

the 9007-3 Kit comes with a harness, but it is a cookie cutter harness that wasn't designed for the GP...

I had trouble placing the head light ballasts, but I finally found decent places for them...

It has been said that This harness from 3B Specialties (click here and select 9007) is better, and gives you a little bit more length...

As for 880 Fogs, they are plug and play. They come with spade connectors that you plug into the existing fog plugs, but a harness is strongly recommended... you can get that at the same link as above (click here and select 880)

I will be getting both harnesses soon... I have the original harness for the vvme 9007-3 kit only ATM...

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I got my HIDs in the mail yesterday and everything looks pretty straight forward and everything plugs into everything. But, besides not having directions, there are 2 wires from the power box which are red and black I believe. Where do those wires go to? Do those get wired into the stock wiring so they can turn on and off?
HIDUserManual_Page_3.jpg

They emailed me this link. Its the two wires on the bottom right picture coming towards the bottom of the box

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I got my HIDs in the mail yesterday and everything looks pretty straight forward and everything plugs into everything. But, besides not having directions, there are 2 wires from the power box which are red and black I believe. Where do those wires go to? Do those get wired into the stock wiring so they can turn on and off?
HIDUserManual_Page_3.jpg

They emailed me this link. Its the two wires on the bottom right picture coming towards the bottom of the box

neither bulb will light up? sounds like you have a ground issue. i would re-gound the headlamp ground wires to some bare metal....

No, they light up but the flash as if they were strobe lights. Thats the diagram they emailed for the HIDs. There are 2 wires that looks like they plug into the stock plug for regular headlights. I slipped the wires into the socket and all they do is flash.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
all under hood...

the 9007-3 Kit comes with a harness, but it is a cookie cutter harness that wasn't designed for the GP...

I had trouble placing the head light ballasts, but I finally found decent places for them...

It has been said that This harness from 3B Specialties (click here and select 9007) is better, and gives you a little bit more length...

As for 880 Fogs, they are plug and play. They come with spade connectors that you plug into the existing fog plugs, but a harness is strongly recommended... you can get that at the same link as above (click here and select 880)

I will be getting both harnesses soon... I have the original harness for the vvme 9007-3 kit only ATM...

Do you think I need this harness for my HIDs to work? All they do when I plug them in is flicker like strobe light. Are they getting enough power? The compnay I bought them off of said there might be an issue with the daytime running lights.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info