Need some help *tuner*

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
J - All you need to check is the TCC% (torque converter clutch) PID in PT (not sure in HPT). When it is above 0%, you are in lock-up. Typically under cruise I believe it will be around 45% or greater.

This might be helpful as well:
http://www.search-autoparts.com/sea...Article/detail/521080?contextCategoryId=41834

HTH (I'm super busy as of late otherwise I wouldn't mind meeting up to check it out and get caught up.) :)

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
This is what Matt from ZZP said a while back:

If you know someone with a Tech 2 or Snap On scanner, you could use it to try to lock the converter on the highway. If it still doesn't lock, then the problem is in the trans or wiring. If it locks with the scanner, then the problem is in the PCM.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
o i can make it lock im pretty sure, yeah, i see how to do that...

scanner-1.jpg

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
Well it might be a little longer because the bitch is still on her period. Took the car to work today and noticed a little blood on the garage floor again.

I thought it was the oil filter adapter gasket....but I guess not (got to be the front cover gasket or oil pan gasket....not sure what else it could be). Need to find the problem and get a big enough tampon for her to stop leaking.

I'll get in touch with you KJ and phat once I get it back on the road again. Gonna start tearing her apart again this weekend, unless we find it to be something else.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Well it might be a little longer because the bitch is still on her period. Took the car to work today and noticed a little blood on the garage floor again.

I thought it was the oil filter adapter gasket....but I guess not (got to be the front cover gasket or oil pan gasket....not sure what else it could be). Need to find the problem and get a big enough tampon for her to stop leaking.

I'll get in touch with you KJ and phat once I get it back on the road again. Gonna start tearing her apart again this weekend, unless we find it to be something else.

howd the oil feed line plumbing go? any chance it's pissing through the oil pressure sender? (i'm assuming yer talking about the engine oil...unplug it and look for oil inside the connector)

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
howd the oil feed line plumbing go? any chance it's pissing through the oil pressure sender? (i'm assuming yer talking about the engine oil...unplug it and look for oil inside the connector)

Ya, it's oil because I was about a 1/2 quart below this morning. I will definitly check it before I start the surgery.

Thanks for the sugestion!

Jason

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Man, I hope so.....I'll probably check it out tonight......you should swing by :)
haha i'm trying to find the intermittent hall effect signal problem in my cressida right now. jamie wants me to come over and screw with his crustang i'll talk to him and see if i can finagle a ride and dinner outta him for my help lol

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
haha i'm trying to find the intermittent hall effect signal problem in my cressida right now. jamie wants me to come over and screw with his crustang i'll talk to him and see if i can finagle a ride and dinner outta him for my help lol

Shit man, I'll buy you steak dinner........lol

I'm actually not too far from you.....I'm at 20 and Randall.

LMK if you can tonight, I can shoot you my # as well. If I dont get at it tonight, it would be over the weekend.

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
Thanks James and Erick for coming out and helping scan the car and looking for the oil leak....as is it very much appreciated!!!!!!

I do hate James though for telling me it is the oil pan gasket that is causing the oil leak...way to fuck up someones weekend! :)

James - Did you have a chance to look at the scans yesturday?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Thanks James and Erick for coming out and helping scan the car and looking for the oil leak....as is it very much appreciated!!!!!!

I do hate James though for telling me it is the oil pan gasket that is causing the oil leak...way to fuck up someones weekend! :)
fuckin assholes with baby powder :dunno::rollpicard:

James - Did you have a chance to look at the scans yesturday?
yesss funny as hell too... stock ve table and the maf scaled up 40%
according to the log your ltft's are pulling down below 5khz and adding up top just over +8. trans temps seemed to rise after the prolonged lockups...your tcc isnt slipping but it's set to factory engaugment rates and thats why it takes so long to lockup i'd say to jack it up so it feels more like your shifting into a 5th gear, the way you were driving it was going into and out of lockup alot.

perfecct time to upgrade to a modified oil pan gasket.
thats what i said....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info