Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yes OEM plug wires, but if you change plugs them often people have said buy aftermarket like PRJ, or MSD.

waste of money imo. the delcos always performed well for me. used them w/ the whipple setup too. maybe the info has changed since i sold my car :dunno:

and since hes pretty much stock and will remain that way, i dont see why hed be changing plugs all that often

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
waste of money imo. the delcos always performed well for me. used them w/ the whipple setup too. maybe the info has changed since i sold my car :dunno:

and since hes pretty much stock and will remain that way, i dont see why hed be changing plugs all that often

Vogel told me if you remove the wires often to change plugs, get some aftermarket. I run OEM on my car, no problems, I also dont think expensive plug wires would get any better performance, I guess they are just more durable.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
maybe. when i talked to him, he implied he was just gonna run a 3.4 pulley and some exhaust work. as long as hes not running autolites, he shouldnt be changing plugs frequently

and yea, i dont personally think theres any real benefit to aftermarket wires aside from maybe coming off easier and not being prone to cracking, etc

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
maybe. when i talked to him, he implied he was just gonna run a 3.4 pulley and some exhaust work. as long as hes not running autolites, he shouldnt be changing plugs frequently

and yea, i dont personally think theres any real benefit to aftermarket wires aside from maybe coming off easier and not being prone to cracking, etc

My NGK's only has a few months.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Should be a 5/8 spark plug socket. I've never had to roll the engine forward but I usually get up on the engine and dig into the rear. Be sure to have a few socket extensions for the rear plugs. If you go replacement plug wires, go AC Delco.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
every time i've done it i had to roll the motor forward.

in the bonneville, i didn't have to.

but then again here's the difference.

28l3r6p.jpg

10rjlu1.jpg

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
For a 3.4 and minor mods you could use tr55s but the tr6s will help fight knock a bit more(if you have any). 53-55 gap
To make the job easier for the first time get a 5/8th SP socket, a small 2-3" extension(or flex head ratchet). If you have trouble with the back ones, undo the upper mounts and use a ratchet strap to move the motor forward.

As for wires, delcos are fine, MSDs are a couple bucks more but do make swaping wires easier. You also have the option to just not use the the metal sleeves which will make removing delcos quite easy.
Use a small amount of silglyde on each plug wire. While you are there you might as well scuff your coilpacks terminals if any rust as formed.
gappers are $.99 from most places and are very easy to use

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info