S/C is bugging out.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
This just started happening to me yesterday. Ill be giving the car a little gas (25% +/- boost) and the S/C will begin to spin up. During this process it will go
"Wooo Wooo WooO WOOOOOOOO" Getting louder as the car accelerates. Note the spaces in between the "Woooo". Normally when the S/C is engaged it will simply go "WoooooOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and get louder gradually. Now it pauses and acts like its being choked, or possibly not enough fuel is being provided during acceleration. The pause is very brief (second +/-) Almost like it wants to give up.
This just started today. Could be bad gas. Could be something simple. Could be me. Im taking it out today and will see how it performs.

Nothing alarming at the moment. Just wanted to throw this situation out there and see what could possibly be causing this. Btw im getting my lim gaskests done in about a week.

Last edited:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
The supercharger is always "engaged". Sounds like a whole engine problem unless your blower is seriously fucked. Do the rpms steadily climb during this woooo wooo wooo or is it also hesitating? Sounds like the engine is bogging down before accelerating. If the SC was seizing up mid throttle there would be rubber all over your coolant overflow bottle from all the belt slip and I doubt that's the case.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Tested it today. It getting worse. Im going to do some throttle body cleaner on it... (maby it will help? Doubt it)

I didnt touch a damn thing on the car eather. Now its realling bogging down. Rides fine without S/C or using boost but when the boost comes on the car acts as if its going to die.

Couple of things I think it may be:
1. I had the spark plugs replaced about 8 months ago with AC Delcos. When we took the plugs out they were not that bad. Only thing when the last plug was attempted to be removed the tool broke. So on cylinder is running a older plug. The car ran fine though with this.

2. Intake screwing up the MAF? Ive been running a spectra cone filter. Ive heard there not the best and it is possible that they will mess up your MAF. Could any of this be cause by this problem? Once again I have never had this problem before.

Thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Freebeer187
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list