Starting problems?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
also did the 02s have distributor caps? i never worked on one newer then 96 (3800s)

no.

You need a fuel filter either way so might as well do it.

yeah id do that.

griff, the recall is for the front valve cover gasket.

your intake manifold gaskets prolly do need to be done if you had to add coolant.

I have done quite a few sets, and they aren't bad to do at all. I could for sure help you, if not dominate it.

The new gaskets are aluminum, not plastic. I could for sure knock it out this weekend or something with you.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
So the injectors are fine and the fuel pump is ok, i checked the pressure and its around 45-50...

Anyways, it seems if I prime it before it starts (wait the 5 dings) it starts better, not perfect but much better... (THANKS KJ!)

I have no idea why or what to fix so I dont have to wait the 5 seconds to start it...? or do I just have to deal with it?

We have had this issue before on customers L67 engines. They Fuel pressure reg. was bleeding off pressure when the car was off like an aftermarket FPR. If you would prime the system it would start fine. Might be good area to start looking. But regardless I would suggest swapping out your fuel filter, 96k on the original is but much. They are suggested to be changed every year or two.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info