SSC Springs

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
I did SSCs with KYB AGXs. Very happy with the results!
goodsideoa7.jpg

damagedsideeh5.jpg

Check out this post: http://www.GPONA.com Performance Peddler Discount Code = ClubGP Found a great price on struts & posted it there

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Called SSC just now, the price is $170 + 30~ Shipping.

Not too bad.. pricing out struts now to see what I'd be getting myself into

EDIT: ZZP Has them listed for $188 but is outta stock.

I'm looking at struts.. I don't think I'd need the AGX, how are the KYB GR-2's ?

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i had thought the point of the SSC's were to be able to lower the car with the same ride quality. i thought the spring rate was rather soft....how many miles on your stock struts?

i ran sprint lowering springs with new oem struts and had no issues and they were stiff. i think they ended up dropping the car 2" up front and about 1.5" in the back.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
s00ls, take 100 bucks and buy an Automotive Technology Text Book. Seriously it will teach you a LOT about what your questioning.

None the less, adding a lowering spring will ruin your stock struts. Mainly because an aftermarket spring has a higher spring rate (stiffer) and the stock strut gets warn out far quicker.

Edit: Before anyone else tries and pull crap. This is a GENERALIZATION for lowering springs on the market for all cars. IT is possible to have a similar spring rate in a lowering spring. Obviously you would need to research stock spring rate vs. that of aftermarket in which your considering.

Last edited:

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
good thing you know about w-bodies so much. the SSC's are supposed to have similar to stock spring rates and do not have a huge drop.

there will be FINE unless your current struts are fucked up. oh and my sprint's were on for about hmmm 30K with no issues?

I never claimed to know a lot about them, I was using a generalization about most drop springs on most markets. Its rare to have a drop spring with similar rates as that of a stock spring.

P.s. I did own a W-Body about 4 years ago. :bigthumb:

Edit: I do remember seeing s00ls posting about his struts being bad? Or something in his suspension was.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
i had thought the point of the SSC's were to be able to lower the car with the same ride quality. i thought the spring rate was rather soft....how many miles on your stock struts?

i ran sprint lowering springs with new oem struts and had no issues and they were stiff. i think they ended up dropping the car 2" up front and about 1.5" in the back.
i have no idea. is there any way to check if they're original or something ?

the car itself has 141,xxx

Do not cheap out on struts, you car probably needs new ones any ways. Just go with the AGX struts and new mounts. Do it once, do it right.
I don't need something like the AGX's, I just need a basic GOOD strut. Not a racecar strut. That's a lot of money to just put out on adjustable struts that I wouldn't need

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
the car itself has 141,xxx

Damn.......

I don't need something like the AGX's, I just need a basic GOOD strut. Not a racecar strut. That's a lot of money to just put out on adjustable struts that I wouldn't need

If your gonna drop it, why not get a GOOD unit like an AGX? There isn't a huge amount of choice for our cars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info