supercharger

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i am installing this different supercharger that i bought but is is different from my old one. is is missing the thing the red arrow is pointing to. which means i can't connect the line that goes to the FPR (blue dotted line). and also...where the yellow arrow is, my old one had like a cap on it but the new one has a fitting with a hole on it.

what the deal?

Picture032k.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The "yellow" hose doesn't read boost, just vac so that could be a serious problem... You need something POST blower for the FPR.

As for the green one i don't know 97's well enough to say there's an evap solenoid back there or not so i can't help you there.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
The "yellow" hose doesn't read boost, just vac so that could be a serious problem... You need something POST blower for the FPR.

so where? the LIM? i tried that and the car wouldn't even start then...it started and immediately died

new discovery...

well i tried switching some stuff and figuring something out...i then tried to drive it again. i put it in reverse and it seemed fine, accelerated in reverse and all, but once i put it in drive and hit the gas i get like no response.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Boost bypass valve no hooked up correctly (doubt it) or is it staying open? Does it have a boost gauge? If so... is there boost?

the car was not going in "D" because the TCS fuse was blown.

and...

i have everything running good! but...

the MAF is not hooked up, and the line out of the TB (green in the pictures) is just capped off. but the car runs hard as hell and feels stronger then ever before. i changed the fuel filter also and the got rid of my knock i had. is there really any need for the line to be hooked up the the EVAP? is there really any need to run a MAF if i have a tuner? with the tuner i can just write the pcm what ever i want correct? does the MAF just make it easier to tune? (reason i am asking...my roomy has a turbo'd miata with megasquirt (basically a stand a lone) and everyone on his forum to get rid of his MAF also.)

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
You aren't using your "tuner" as an active fuel system...
You are tuning your PCM then disconnecting...
You need your MAF (unless you are going to drive in a vacuum environment full time)

according to this i dont. i can just tune using VE (which is harder to do but still possible) The MAF will probably make it run smoother and all though... http://www.hollandms.com/newbie/tuning_new.htm

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
ah but you can only run as true speed density till you hit 140kpa (the limit of our tables) past that pretty much all ya have is PE vsrpm vstime

i agree SD is awesome...but only if you have tables allowing for a proper VE map all the way to your peak boost

x2 I really wanted to just run an SD tune, unfortunately we can't :hs: but if you're good enough you can setup one f-ing sweet maf tune. I'm not sure if the PT guys can zero out all of the useless tables that add vs anything, but once those are zero'd it's all gravy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info