Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If you have you have a supercharged W Body you've almost certainly been tempted to swap your stock pulley for a smaller unit. After all, this is the easiest way to make power on the supercharged cars. Unfortunately it's also the easiest way to blow your engine if proper pre-cautions are not taken.

This brief article will discuss what it takes to run each specific pulley. This article should be used as a reference only. You should always scan for knock after switching to a smaller supercharger pulley. Click here for more information on knock.

Your vehicle is equipped with a 3.8" supercharger pulley stock. The one exception to this rule is a limited amount of SLP branded Grand Prix GTXs and Regal GSXs which were equipped with a 3.5 pulley as an option. Your vehicle will make about 6lbs of boost with the stock pulley depending on weather conditions.

This guide makes the following assumptions:

• [*]You're driving a 1997 - 2007 Vehicle with the Series II/ III Supercharged Engine
    [*]You're not running a converted L36/ Topswap
    [*]You're running a Gen III Eaton M90 Blower (add .10") to each listed size if you're running a 2004+ Grand Prix

To continue reading, please use the following link

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix....html?osCsid=119c7b57a0983dfe91f486146c07f483

sigpic.jpg

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
hey edsel did you loosen and re tq your knock sensors for the lower Tq of the L67 specs yet?

its -x* outside.....so no, I am getting copper 104's and 103's though to see if my plugs are the problem.... And if it makes the sensors more sensitive then I might just leave em tight, my pistons are a little weaker, so my engine should be paying better attention to knock:bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info