K&N Cone Filter Cleaning

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLKGP2000 @ Oct 24 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For those of you who have K&N Cone filters in your cars, how often do you clean them? Also, what is the best product to buy for cleaning? Mine hasn't been cleaned since I bought it 3 years ago and i have noticed it is pretty filthy. Hopefully once it is clean it will still be good.[/b]
every 6-10 months is fine as long as its not in the fender well, the filter gets alot more dirty and with the chance of water hitting it, they can rust at all the metal parts. Ive seen a few like this after years use.
Lots of people dont clean them often and both performance and gas mileage decrease. All while the chance of somthing getting past the filter is higher when its packed with dirt and your engine is still trying to breath.

K&N makes a recharge-cleaning kit. I know WBS sells them.
If not there S&B makes the same kit, tho you would have to find a vendor that carrys them. I cant think of one off hand.
One recharge kit should get you at least 3 cleanings and oilings.

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Oct 25 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just replace mine every year since it seems impossible to put the correct amount of new oil on the filter. It seems to just end up on the MAF sensor and then you got to take that out and clean it as well.[/b]

Well, i finally got around to cleaning my air filter. I ended up cleaning it but it was really tough to get it back into the car. I don't know how they crammed the filter in there but it kept getting in the way of the computer that sits in a compartment next to the filter. After trying and trying, i thought to myself, do i really want to go through this everytime i have to clean the filter? I then decided to say screw it and i put the stock housing back in the car. I don't think the mechanic i went to installed the SLP air box correctly. It shouldn't have been that hard to take out the filter. Does anybody else have this particular air box? It is SLP Part #21593.

21593-1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• blkgp2000
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list