Anyone know a good shop for valve adjustment?

ugh....i just wish i knew what it was! everyone has givin me different answers.... I have no idea what it is, but it NEEDS to get fixed, its So bad now im starting to fear for the entire motor... I'm not gonna lie, i have beat on the car pretty bad so i know its my own fault...but that doesnt stop the fact that it has to get fixed asap.

no, theres no way I'm going to have them do the job, just give me a diagnosis .. anywho... i called a family friend whos the manager of service dept. over at GaryLang, and he told me that lifters never need to be replace on the 3800.... i found that odd because i know people who have needed too....whatever...but he said most likly a loss rocker so i got some 1.9s on the way :) :) and ill be puttin them in my self... and tips on an easyer way to do the back bank? it looks like its going to be a bi**h to do....

well, having a very limited tool supply...a small collection i have bought from autozone <_< when i did my plugs i just had a friend hold the engine forward lol... should have been there it was hillarious... i guess ill try the ebrake method, just pull the engine forward and set the ebrake? or more to it... im still an amature at this wonderful gtp world....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Aug 31 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well, having a very limited tool supply...a small collection i have bought from autozone <_< when i did my plugs i just had a friend hold the engine forward lol... should have been there it was hillarious... i guess ill try the ebrake method, just pull the engine forward and set the ebrake? or more to it... im still an amature at this wonderful gtp world....[/b]

2 people can really make this work. One pulling on the engine, one pushing the car ready to hit the ebrake. Rock it forward as much as you can, hit the Ebrake. It will hold.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
just go to your local hardware store and get a turnbuckle. remove dogbones, put 2 of the bolts back in and then hook the turnbuckle to it. tighten it up and it will pull the engine forward.

turnbuckle.jpg

Cool, thanks for the advice. Just got back from the dealer, wasn't a good day for gtps...there was 6 of em in there lol.....probably the recall was my guess, anyways i had a crowd of techs around my car and they alllll said loose rocker...so there we go. got 1.9s on the way :) and then the work begins. thanks everyone for your input. after this is done the new exhaust goes on then the 3.4 :):) THEN I'll see ya at the track to pop my cherry....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (horist @ Sep 3 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
also put the transmission in neutral ... when I did my plugs I was told this as if it's in park there's a chance of breaking the park tab thing

I just bought a cheap set of tow straps from autozone and used that to pull the engine forward and hold it[/b]

How the fuck did I forget neutral? <_< I think I told you that. :lolsign:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Sep 3 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (horist @ Sep 3 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also put the transmission in neutral ... when I did my plugs I was told this as if it's in park there's a chance of breaking the park tab thing

I just bought a cheap set of tow straps from autozone and used that to pull the engine forward and hold it[/b]

[/b][/quote]

You didn't tell me nothing bish!!!!!

lol ... I think you're right hah

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (horist @ Sep 3 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Sep 3 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (horist @ Sep 3 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

You didn't tell me nothing bish!!!!!

lol ... I think you're right hah
[/b][/quote]

:lolsign:

I actually still remember the first time meeting you and seeing your car. It was the first 04 I saw on the road and up close. Damn that was awhile ago.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Sep 4 2008, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilikebmx999 @ Sep 3 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do your rockers come with new rocker bolts?[/b]

No, they dont come with bolts...but i bought some...
[/b][/quote]

Good boy. :) I hate hearing how people reuse stock rocker bolts. Sure it can be done, but its $15. Dont skimp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Sep 4 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Sep 4 2008, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilikebmx999 @ Sep 3 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do your rockers come with new rocker bolts?[/b]

No, they dont come with bolts...but i bought some...
[/b][/quote]

Good boy. :) I hate hearing how people reuse stock rocker bolts. Sure it can be done, but its $15. Dont skimp.
[/b][/quote]

No way, I'd never reuse rocker bolts... Hell I try an use new hardware on anything i replace.... i even paid the extra $4 and got the Comp Cams bolts....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info