Delco Standard CD/Radio = FAIL

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
My GP came with the Delco Pontiac Standard CD player/Radio (The one with the Bass and Treble controls only). This was a major failure as it also has Factory Bose sound in it. The POS Standard radio could not put enough sound out to really make the Bose system appreciable.

This is where I changed that fact. First, I tried the CD player with 7 band EQ from my '95 GTP that is now gone. That made it sound quite better, but I lost the HUD display as the '95 radio did not support it.

Somewhere I had a newer CD Player with 7 band EQ, but I didn't find it until today. It turns out that it was a 2000 unit and supports HUD display... only thing I had to do was reset Theftlock and it was a go.

I am quite happy with the Bose system now that I can control more of the sound going to it!

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Jul 30 2008, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The radio in the HUD is cool and all, but after about a week of way better sound then any headunit a GP can offer, I didnt mind.[/b]

Oh, I am not saying that aftermarket isn't better... I am just saying that the Stock standard HU is an Epic Fail with the Bose Factory sound.

I have a Sony xPlod CA-CDX710A HU that I had in my '95, but I am not so sure that it will work any better in the car with the Bose sound. Yes, it has XM Controls and a better CD player (can play off of CD-RW whereas the Stock HU can only play off of CD-R), but being that I do not have the XM module or a SoundGate Remote 1.5, no biggie...

If I was able to spend a nice chunk of change on designing a custom stereo/speaker/amp setup for my car, I would. But, I don't have that kind of money yet, besides if I do get money it will go to performance upgrades first.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Jul 30 2008, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Jul 30 2008, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The radio in the HUD is cool and all, but after about a week of way better sound then any headunit a GP can offer, I didnt mind.[/b]

I just wish I could get it in my Regal
[/b][/quote]

True. I do and I dont miss it from time to time making the jump. My room mate has an entire HUD display minus the dash part. Im debating about throwing it in the regal using that write up on regalgs.

Just Yourshadow

Who the hell is this guy?
Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
I did, it took 12 hrs start to finish for me by myself. I found the writeup helpful but I found out how to get the low fuel and warning lights to work even though that writeup says its not possible. The only suggestion I have is before you do it make sure that photocell is working properly, I have to pull mine out again and it's really stating to get old.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Jul 30 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I did, it took 12 hrs start to finish for me by myself. I found the writeup helpful but I found out how to get the low fuel and warning lights to work even though that writeup says its not possible. The only suggestion I have is before you do it make sure that photocell is working properly, I have to pull mine out again and it's really stating to get old.[/b]

Wiring is definatly not my strongest area so any help would be useful. :ph34r:

Ill definatly check the photocell as well. I remember reading about that going bad on clubgp but my old GP never experienced it so I never had to worry about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info