GMPP Handling Package Pointers

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hey guys just got an email saying that my pack has finally shipped out, planning on installing this week, anyone have any pointers as to installing this and what i should look out for?

Also time frame?

As well as i know that some people have had to flip the front sway for the pacesetters...any pointers for this as my pacesetters currently hit my OEM sway bar.

Thanks!

I

imported_GraFFix

Depends really...I had a big ass pipe on a 2ft long wrench and I still couldnt break it loose...The bolts ended up being seized into the original bushings. When it finally broke loose I was spinning the metal sleeve inside the bushing there was nothing I could do to get it out besides pull it out with the bolt still stuck to the metal sleeve. I ended up getting new bolts from Ed Morad.

Other then that the rest is easy...

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zeez gtp @ Jul 29 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jul 28 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
use about a 6ft breaker bar to get off the bolts on the trailing arms.[/b]

Ha Ha.... x2
[/b][/quote]

No shit x3. Heating the bolts up a little with a propane torch might help. If they are stuck, you'll need at least a breaker bar bigger than 24" or a pipe for more leverage.

As for the front sway, I removed/installed if from the passenger side. You might also want to disconnect tierod end from the knuckle.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (emersonhart13 @ Jul 29 2008, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
YES!

Go to store. DONT NEED TO

Buy PB Blaster. ALREADY GOT IT

Buy Giant Breaker Bar. ALREADY GOT IT

Go Home. I LOVE THIS PART

Douse parts to be removed with PB Blaster. (Today, Tomorrow, and every day until install) SHALL DO

Install day, use breaker bar. CHECK

Enjoy, SHALL DO

John

P.S. lol[/b]
see above

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
I did my '01 about two months ago, and had no trouble at all with any of the bolts. Did the entire rear with the car on jacks/jack stands. Went easy as pie. I did the front sway bar with the car on a lift, though, cause I was putting in a D/P and new tie rod ends at the same time. Much easier on a lift, me thinks.

Kev, PM me if you want some help with the rear. You can stop by the house, and we can do it there. Should go pretty quick. As far as the front goes, we can try it without being on a lift and see what happens.

~Rich

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Jul 29 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The front you just have to work with it a little. I did mine entirely on jackstands too and the only problem i had was the rear endlinks[/b]

I had my downpipe off and both tie rods disconnected from the knuckles, so that probably helped a bit too........

Seisouly....you guys had trouble with the end links on the rear being seized? Mine came apart like they were new. Guess I got lucky.

~Rich

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jul 29 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I used my jack's arm as my 6ft breaker bar.[/b]
now thats thinking, you could teach this guy a thing or two

pres_george_bush.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info