Aeroforce

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
So I've had my aeroforce gauge for a while now (6 months) and I've been turning it on by unplugging it from the obd2 port, then waiting a couple seconds and plugging it back in. How does everyone in a 2002 or if they are all the same a grand prix hook up their gauge to come on with the ignition. I remember when i first got it, I tried hooking up the power wire to a switched 12v signal and everything on the dash came on as if i put the key on to run.... So... how do they do it? :lolsign:lol good show btw. TIA!

dragon_7xs

Jun 21, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Jul 21 2008, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So I've had my aeroforce gauge for a while now (6 months) and I've been turning it on by unplugging it from the obd2 port, then waiting a couple seconds and plugging it back in. How does everyone in a 2002 or if they are all the same a grand prix hook up their gauge to come on with the ignition. I remember when i first got it, I tried hooking up the power wire to a switched 12v signal and everything on the dash came on as if i put the key on to run.... So... how do they do it? :lolsign:lol good show btw. TIA![/b]
when u got it u shoulda got a spare wire with it fo the acc 12V.
Wat my brother did on his 03GTP he wired it to the radio's 12v (just strip the original and connect it to it) and it works fine with the car on and off, since the radio goes on and off with the car

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
dangit i sure hope not! lol, that would suck. I thought that i could leave the thing plugged in too and it would come on and off, but noooo it has to be difficult! Anyone else? There is only 2 people on this entire site that have an aeroforce scan gauge?!?!? I highly doubt that...

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Jul 22 2008, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
dangit i sure hope not! lol, that would suck. I thought that i could leave the thing plugged in too and it would come on and off, but noooo it has to be difficult! Anyone else? There is only 2 people on this entire site that have an aeroforce scan gauge?!?!? I highly doubt that...[/b]

I also hooked mine up to fuse box (radio). Left it plugged in to obd II. Came on with the turn of the key. Worked like a champ.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
mine aslo has the seperate power source, since I have a 2000(this is the bitch year). I can unplug the obd2 and the gauge will go off, and it will go back on when I plug in the obd2(while the car is running. found this out at the emissions testing).
car off, gauge off
start car, gauge comes on

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Jul 23 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Jul 23 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
power wire BS and I dont need a gauge pod.[/b]
if the power wire is beyond your skills>> :blink: :lolsign: OH-MY

the reason I bought this gauge IS because of the gauge pod fitment. :)
[/b][/quote]

Nah, just a PITA. Gauge pods in Regals look blah as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info